X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year!

Hey GDF. Been a while since I posted. Been managing/administrating the family restaurant over the past two years... yeah, this graphic design troll has had to leave the comfort of his LCD screen-lit comfy cave to glad-hand customers and bark at hourly employees not to mention watching the pennies.

Anyway, finally found some time to do some real design. I love the poster format and our restaurant is doing a promotion for New Years. Busted this out in 5 hours without sketches. Its almost all Helvetica. Mostly Light with Wingdings.

Of course I had direction from the boss (who also happens to be my mom, a fine artist in her own right) and accepted and tweaked accordingly.

What say you of the final product?

A little smilie goes a long way.

Hello,
    Please keep in mind - I'm just beginning, so my opinion might mean little.

- What about adding color to Happy New Year?

- What about moving the arrows more toward the bottom pointing up to New Year?
    (something doesn't feel right where they are?)

- Reserve Now and website on 2 different lines?

Just my initial thoughts, but I do like the design.
    I will love to hear what others' suggest as well.
    Please support justice for Bella

Comment

I see another flaw with the clock...

Its just a graphic element with subtle information but if those hands were pointing to 3 the whole grid would be off!
      A little smilie goes a long way.

Comment

Oh, I didn't know that was a clock.
        I'm sorry - my bad.
        Please support justice for Bella

Comment

Your kerning is all over the place (happy ne w ye a r)
          Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X