Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Comment on Graphic Design tutorials
    B
    It's sort of the Dadaist approach to design, I guess.
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • B
    Reply to General Branding (Re-branding)
    B
    You're engaging in linear thinking and being too literal about it. If you've settled on working with the idea of "pride," keep in mind that it's an emotional state and not a physical thing....
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    Buda
    The style reminds of cut and paste punk posters of the 1970s. I think the thing about those posters is they were kind of anti-design.
    Yesterday, 11:31 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    Buda
    I think rabbits are going to be the next cats. You should do a series of videos about rabbits that are freelance graphic designers and the business issues they face.
    Yesterday, 11:29 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    Buda
    I had that happen to me once in my life. I wasn't even dreaming. I couldn't replicate the situation again though. Maybe it was my unicorn.
    Yesterday, 11:28 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Scratch (ScratchVision v2) Illustration + Process

It can be seen live at ScratchVision - The Home Of DJ Scratch Radio.

I also made a step-by-step for the illustration here.

Amazing!

I couldn't do that with 100 years practice!

LOL

That is awesome!

Thank you for the step-by-step.
    Please support justice for Bella

Comment

Thanks, BeautyNut!

Comment

You are most welcome.
        You definitely have a gift.

I really enjoyed looking at the step-by-step process with the link that you provided.
        I think it's awesome.
        Please support justice for Bella

Comment

Awesome job with this illustration as well as the step by step process.
          ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Thanks D-Frag. Glad you enjoyed it. And thank you again, BeautyNut!

Comment

that art would look fantastic on a wrap
              if dj scratch has a suburban or something...wow

great job, the wrapper in me is showing sorry.
              Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

I'd actually love to design a wrap someday. It's something I've always wanted to include on my portfolio. Thanks for the comment, Gary.

Comment

You're certainly talented and seeing your process is fun. The only thing I can say is trying something less symmetrical next time.

Good stuff, keebz!!

Comment

It's a nice, detailed piece, so it's shame that at the centre is a bit fat empty shoulder. My eye wonders what it's looking at.

Comment

just to see...
                      Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

@gary Looks nice! Although if this design was strictly for the purpose of being wrapped around a car, I'd make sure to consider all the curves and angles of the vehicle and design accordingly.

Brodie and Roth, thanks for your input.

Comment

The annoying symmetry killed this piece. Especially the uber lazy copy flip-horizontal buildings. And on that 'note' the overall composition is wasted to the dynamic figure. I thought DJ's impact their surroundings? Not in this piece.

The graphic is more about a central focal point illustrated - than it is about an overall composition. It seems almost as bland as a technical exercise.

Moody as it may appear.

Comment

Are the buildings really that annoying? The point of the symmetry was to mirror the nature of the turntables - notice how all of the elements from outward in lead the eye to the main focus which is the character? It wasn't done as an attempt to take any shortcuts or anything if that's what you're implying. Anyway, I'm sorry you disliked the piece.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                            Working...
                            X