Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to in need of urgent help
    Buda
    You call it a prank, I call it sabotage.
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Help with a graphic technique
    Buda
    You can actually render clouds in Photoshop.

Filter > Render > Clouds

It's can be a good starting point to build your brushes over top of. Fiddle with the levels and the...
    Today, 02:24 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Setting up file for large banner
    PrintDriver
    4' x8' yeah sure, work at 150ppi. That's fine.
    But a 30' x 41' banner at 150ppi would be over 14.5 gigs flat! Your printer is gonna hate you! Actually he might laugh when you send in your hard drive...
    Today, 12:07 AM
  • Obsidian86
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    Obsidian86
    It's that time of year again, isn't it? Should have known by the traffic....
    Yesterday, 08:42 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on business card design
    kemingMatters
    I would suggest uploading the Vcard to a publicly accessible server (some directory on their website) and using that nice short link to create a QR code with. Either way you should be sure to let people...
    Yesterday, 07:49 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision for a flash animated cartoon

http://www.austinsolis.com/webimgs/bee.swf

Let me know what you think. I'm going to be adding sound once I start figuring out more on how to animate with flash. Any suggestions??

Im not really sure whats going on. Is it telling a story of some kind?

If so, there isnt really much to go on with this - can you explain what the bee is doing in the room, what is that wobbly alien thing at the start, why the bee is flying into the powerpoint? It doesnt make any sense at the moment.

Visually I quite like the bee itself. He looks pissed about something.

Not sure about the colours in the rest of the room though.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

What is going on is the bee is trying to sting the strange wobbly creature but misses and flies into the outlet.

I wish I could figure out how to make the wings move and smooth out the movement of the wobbly creature. When I first started with it I was just doodling in flash and came up with those 2 characters. Then I made the room to create a strange scene.

And BAM I got this crazy messed up animation :P

Comment

Originally posted by AustinSolis View Post
        Thanks for the reply!

What is going on is the bee is trying to sting the strange wobbly creature but misses and flies into the outlet.

I wish I could figure out how to make the wings move and smooth out the movement of the wobbly creature. When I first started with it I was just doodling in flash and came up with those 2 characters. Then I made the room to create a strange scene.

And BAM I got this crazy messed up animation :P
        You can use the animation techniques you already know to make the wings move. If you open the bee symbol, you can make the wings animate if you also convert them to symbols (still within the bee symbol) then animate them using their own timeline.

to me it didnt look like the bee was trying to sting anything - it looks like he was headed for the powerpoint in the first place. this is because of the apparent distances in your animation - the bee flies a long way from the alien (which is right in the foreground) until he hits the powerpoint (which is far away in the background).

also, situating the alien closer to the powerpoint, and placing it below the bee, so that you can see the bee in front of the alien (rather than the other way around) should solve this problem.

I still think it doesnt make much sense as a story - who is the bee? who is the alien? why is the bee trying to sting the alien? have a think about these things and you will have a more cohesive story.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X