Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jr72023
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    jr72023
    It really looks good. As noted, I am not an artist. The rest of the posters are the pros.

Just curious if a ? in the lower bubble "clue" might not be a little more poignant? Even...
    Today, 01:39 AM
  • Derailed
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    Derailed
    I work for a wrap company. We do almost everything in Illustrator. They send me the templates of the vehicles, although sometimes I don't have to match everything up exactly. Would you be designing...
    Today, 12:16 AM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    kemingMatters
    Drop shadow is a raster effect, you'll have to look in the appearance palette to remove the effect
    Yesterday, 11:02 PM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    Pavlo
    I really like the latest version and the concept of the e's facing / speaking with each other. The look and feel is vastly improved and I get an immediate sense of what you are trying to say about the...
    Yesterday, 10:44 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    KitchWitch
    Hi Signing Toys and welcome to GDF.

If you are looking to hire a deaf graphic designer, please post in the classified section and be sure to include an email address so people can contact...
    Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Estate Development and Consulting Firm

These are five comps for a Toronto-based firm. You can tell me if I need to go back to the drawing board—I don't show them for a week. Their main competition are companies like BCG and Accenture. They wanted something fresh and clean-cut, but classy and signifying growth.

Obviously I'll be adding colour later and I'll scan my sketches and post 'em in a sec.

Thanks.

This could just be me, but I read 1 and 2 from the top down (so I get DS rather than SD). I really like where you are going with them though. 5 reminds me of the mastercard logo, and I kind of get CD rather than SD.

1 and 2 are my favorites by far though.
    "You can't say it sucks. That's my job." -design professor

Comment

I agree with Shiruken on the DS/SD and CD/SD issues, "Developments" will be lost on a business card with all of them. In #1 I get the sprouting plant, but I think using type weakens it.

SuLu is only appropriate (to me) if it's, say Susie and Lucy going in together to create the business. I think you have the seeds of some good ideas, just dig deeper.
      Last edited by garricks; 12-30-2009, 02:57 AM. Reason: remove extraneous article.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

My favorite is 2, but I agree with everyone else that it reads DS.

Comment

I really like #1. I think it could be improved upon to look and function a little better (the "sulu" and "developments" don't look aligned on the right, and "developments" disappears in a smaller size. Perhaps a different font?)
          IMO it doesn't matter whether you read "sd" or "ds". I think it incorporates everything you were requested to incorporate, and it works as a logo.

To me, #2 is a little too rigid looking (I don't really see the growth in it, either), and I don't think the font below works with the symbol.

the rest are really not very interesting/unique.
          Show me something interesting. I won't steal it, just learn from it and draw my own conclusions.

<~Anna~>

Comment

I would keep working the first one. I like the concept see if you can do something about the DS reading instead of SD as it should. With "Developments" maybe a condensed sans-serif font so you can enlarge it more? I think your on the right track though.

Comment

Thanks for responding Shiruken, garricks, covax, aegraphic, and KoolMikeSki.

I see what everyone is saying about the 'SD/DS' problems. It didn't seem like an issue when doing it but I'll look at trying to fix it.

Good point about losing 'Developments' on the card, garricks. Why do you think using type weakens the monogram/illustration? Is it looking more like type then a plant?

Comment

Brodie, I'm not a fan of turning type/monograms into illustrations. I'm an old fart, I guess. It does look more like type than a plant, but remember, it's only my opinion. With that and $5 you can buy a Venti at Starbucks! LOL
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by KoolMikeSki View Post
                  I would keep working the first one. I like the concept see if you can do something about the DS reading instead of SD as it should. With "Developments" maybe a condensed sans-serif font so you can enlarge it more? I think your on the right track though.
                  I would use a flyer paper. It is a photo paper like they print house for sale info on. Prints out nice photos but is a better weight for chipboard albums than traditional photo paper... Hope that helps you.

Comment

Last edited by Brodie; 12-31-2009, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Brodie, it's really awesome that you posted your sketches! could you post a little description of what some of the ideas were? I think it would make a fantastic and rare resource of the logo creation process.
                      Show me something interesting. I won't steal it, just learn from it and draw my own conclusions.

<~Anna~>

Comment

Hey, glad you enjoyed seeing them, aegraphic.

Is their any specific ones you want explained? A large number of them—and this is something I have to work on not doing so often—are about the initials. How do they relate themselves? What objects do they relate with? Some are puzzling (the faces in the 'S' one) and not related to the project—directly. aegraphic, I just put them their because they can be a stepping stone to something more appropriate.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X