Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Final Art Disclaimer
    PrintDriver
    The problem today is many clients and designers consider the printer's proof one more opportunity to proof read. The document you are having printed should be FINAL before it is sent to the printer. The...
    Today, 11:30 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Design Assignment
    PrintDriver
    A lot of people will not download a PDF from an unknown source. Especially with the recent rash of Cryptoware floating around. You'll get more response if you post an image.
    Today, 11:26 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Trouble Printing Correctly onto Labels, even with my own Template
    PrintDriver
    most printers have a border that cannot be infringed. Unless you have a borderless printer, you need to account for that. Usually the bottom border is wider than the other three too.

What...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • kinner
    Reply to Advice for logo
    kinner
    Guys, thanks a lot for your feedback and comments! Really appreciated!
    Sorry I really don't get it how to quote everybody in one reply only, it keeps copying just one post instead of many.
    Today, 11:14 AM
  • hank_scorpio
    Reply to Modifying multiple artboards simultaneously in Illustrator
    hank_scorpio
    I just replying to your question on if they wanted to change just one line or word in a particular layout.
    Today, 11:12 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting and Handyman Company Logo

Based on the client's requests I came up with several options for this logo design, he has narrowed it down to two. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

My mom gave me a 9 mil for xmas and told me quitters never win, now I always aim to win.

Nine to five is just one-third of total creativity time.

i like the second one the best, but on both it looks like the saw on the 1st one and the cluster of tools on the second one are attempting to form a letter... maybe switch the direction of the brush stroke and put the saw on the other side of the second one?

the paint brush on the second one, the bristles are kinda lost... the contrast between the bristles, the paint and the handle doesnt seem to be enough (could be how i see it on the screen tho too). i love tho how you incorporated the tools into the name, it really lets the observer know what the company is... i like how the nail is the 'i' too.

kudos tho! i like the direction your headed in!
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

That is one LONG ASS SCREW!

I like the first the best; it has the best form and balance. However, I agree with Ang that the hammer and brush(?) look like they're trying to form a V. When I first loaded the page, I saw "Voccasions".

Overall, I think you can do better.

Comment

h
        Originally posted by Ang View Post
        i like the second one the best, but on both it looks like the saw on the 1st one and the cluster of tools on the second one are attempting to form a letter... maybe switch the direction of the brush stroke and put the saw on the other side of the second one?

the paint brush on the second one, the bristles are kinda lost... the contrast between the bristles, the paint and the handle doesnt seem to be enough (could be how i see it on the screen tho too). i love tho how you incorporated the tools into the name, it really lets the observer know what the company is... i like how the nail is the 'i' too.

kudos tho! i like the direction your headed in!
        Thanks for your critique. I can see what you mean about the tools on the first one. A previous version I had, I was looking at it and seeing a palm tree. I am liking the second one as a whole. There is no real contrast between the paint brush bristles and the stroke of paint, which I had though about but didnt think it was that noticeable and figured it would get lost in most instances. I will take your suggestion and make some revisions. Thanks again.
        My mom gave me a 9 mil for xmas and told me quitters never win, now I always aim to win.

Comment

Originally posted by covax View Post

I like the first the best; it has the best form and balance. However, I agree with Ang that the hammer and brush(?) look like they're trying to form a V. When I first loaded the page, I saw "Voccasions".

Overall, I think you can do better.

lol and its a long ass screw to be screwing in with a screwdriver and not a screw gun. I will work on the arrangement of the tools. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

The second one, reverse type needs to be much bolder to withstand printing.

Comment

the first one read Voccasions to me

i think you'd be better off eliminating all of the tools & just using the nail like in the 2nd one (or use the screw driver there) just too much going on for my taste.

keep us posted.
              Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by covax View Post
                also one big ass nail to be hitting with that hammer
                Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Am I the only person who can't see any image in Post#1?

I even tried another PC and it's still blank. I just see the white rectangular page icon with a red cross on it. I tried "show picture" but its still blank.
                  When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

I think the second image with just the nail and the hammer would be a good start. I agree with what the others are saying about there being too many elements!

Comment

Originally posted by Heartburn_02 View Post
                      Am I the only person who can't see any image in Post#1?

I even tried another PC and it's still blank. I just see the white rectangular page icon with a red cross on it. I tried "show picture" but its still blank.
                      The image in the original post is in CMYK, which is why some might be having trouble viewing it, as not all browsers are able to view CMYK images.

RIZE iNK, you might want to replace it with an RGB image so everyone can view the images.
                      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X