Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting and Handyman Company Logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Painting and Handyman Company Logo

    Based on the client's requests I came up with several options for this logo design, he has narrowed it down to two. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

    Nine to five is just one-third of total creativity time.

  • #2
    i like the second one the best, but on both it looks like the saw on the 1st one and the cluster of tools on the second one are attempting to form a letter... maybe switch the direction of the brush stroke and put the saw on the other side of the second one?

    the paint brush on the second one, the bristles are kinda lost... the contrast between the bristles, the paint and the handle doesnt seem to be enough (could be how i see it on the screen tho too). i love tho how you incorporated the tools into the name, it really lets the observer know what the company is... i like how the nail is the 'i' too.

    kudos tho! i like the direction your headed in!
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    - Randy K. Milholland

    Comment


    • #3
      That is one LONG ASS SCREW!

      I like the first the best; it has the best form and balance. However, I agree with Ang that the hammer and brush(?) look like they're trying to form a V. When I first loaded the page, I saw "Voccasions".

      Overall, I think you can do better.

      Comment


      • #4
        h
        Originally posted by Ang View Post
        i like the second one the best, but on both it looks like the saw on the 1st one and the cluster of tools on the second one are attempting to form a letter... maybe switch the direction of the brush stroke and put the saw on the other side of the second one?

        the paint brush on the second one, the bristles are kinda lost... the contrast between the bristles, the paint and the handle doesnt seem to be enough (could be how i see it on the screen tho too). i love tho how you incorporated the tools into the name, it really lets the observer know what the company is... i like how the nail is the 'i' too.

        kudos tho! i like the direction your headed in!
        Thanks for your critique. I can see what you mean about the tools on the first one. A previous version I had, I was looking at it and seeing a palm tree. I am liking the second one as a whole. There is no real contrast between the paint brush bristles and the stroke of paint, which I had though about but didnt think it was that noticeable and figured it would get lost in most instances. I will take your suggestion and make some revisions. Thanks again.
        Nine to five is just one-third of total creativity time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by covax View Post
          That is one LONG ASS SCREW!

          I like the first the best; it has the best form and balance. However, I agree with Ang that the hammer and brush(?) look like they're trying to form a V. When I first loaded the page, I saw "Voccasions".

          Overall, I think you can do better.

          lol and its a long ass screw to be screwing in with a screwdriver and not a screw gun. I will work on the arrangement of the tools. Thanks for the feedback.
          Nine to five is just one-third of total creativity time.

          Comment


          • #6
            The second one, reverse type needs to be much bolder to withstand printing.

            Comment


            • #7
              the first one read Voccasions to me

              i think you'd be better off eliminating all of the tools & just using the nail like in the 2nd one (or use the screw driver there) just too much going on for my taste.

              keep us posted.
              Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by covax View Post
                That is one LONG ASS SCREW!
                also one big ass nail to be hitting with that hammer
                Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Am I the only person who can't see any image in Post#1?

                  I even tried another PC and it's still blank. I just see the white rectangular page icon with a red cross on it. I tried "show picture" but its still blank.
                  When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think the second image with just the nail and the hammer would be a good start. I agree with what the others are saying about there being too many elements!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Heartburn_02 View Post
                      Am I the only person who can't see any image in Post#1?

                      I even tried another PC and it's still blank. I just see the white rectangular page icon with a red cross on it. I tried "show picture" but its still blank.
                      The image in the original post is in CMYK, which is why some might be having trouble viewing it, as not all browsers are able to view CMYK images.

                      RIZE iNK, you might want to replace it with an RGB image so everyone can view the images.
                      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

                      Comment

                      Search

                      Collapse

                      Sponsor

                      Collapse

                      Incredible Stock

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      • Linxie
                        Reply to Feedback on logo design
                        Linxie
                        Thanks Biggs

                        This is why I need to further my education... how intricate can one go with a logo without it becoming too intricate?
                        Today, 02:39 AM
                      • Linxie
                        Reply to Greetings ^_^
                        Linxie
                        Hi KitchWitch and thanks for the welcome

                        I've decided that I'm going to study further by getting my BA in Graphic Design (Visual Communication).
                        There just isn't enough interaction...
                        Today, 02:28 AM
                      • PrintDriver
                        Reply to Digital Duplicator printers
                        PrintDriver
                        There's a lot of stuff online about using digital duplicators for thermo. I looked cuz I wondered what the post was about. Most of it sounds to me like a slapdash way of doing a supposedly high end type...
                        Yesterday, 07:12 PM
                      • CourtneyKay
                        My official introduction!
                        CourtneyKay
                        I realized I am rather new here and haven't made an official introduction!

                        So without further ado, my name is Courtney and I am a graphic designer. I studied advertising in school, and currently...
                        Yesterday, 05:06 PM
                      • CourtneyKay
                        Reply to Throw this logo through the wringer
                        CourtneyKay
                        In my opinion, I think it is too busy. There are way too many ideas going on in one small design space. Especially the first one. Depending on where this logo will appear/be produced, I think it may be...
                        Yesterday, 04:15 PM
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X