Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    KitchWitch
    Hi EmberMike and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 01:40 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Avatars
    KitchWitch
    If you read the original post, you'll find, "The function that allows avatars to be uploaded broke a few weeks ago for unknown reasons." There's a workaround posted in comment #6 you can try....
    Today, 01:39 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Omar and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 01:35 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Getting started...
    KitchWitch
    Hi rtk3tt and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 01:32 PM
  • BJMRamage
    Comment on Christmas cards
    BJMRamage
    yeah, we had photos taken in October...just waiting on the pics from the photographer.
    Today, 01:24 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold hard truth.

Hello all, I have been working on a building a brand for a client who does photography for a hobby. This is nothing serious just for fun, Tell me which ones are strongest. I know the bottom one may seem wacky with the color, but I was illustrating the island being a loon head. Thanks in advance!

"This photo is currently unavailable"

Don't know if it's just me though as I have had trouble viewing flickr images for quite some time.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I can't see anything either...
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Cold truth image FIXED

Hello all, I have been working on a building a brand for a client who does photography for a hobby. This is nothing serious just for fun, Tell me which ones are strongest. I know the bottom one may seem wacky with the color, but I was illustrating the island being a loon head. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Ah, that's better! While I'm doing the mod thing, welcome to the forum! Please read these important threads posted here. They will explain a lot about how the forum runs, from the rules and regulations to frequently discussed topics to the background on some of our lingo and inside jokes.

I hope you enjoy yourself!

I think you have a good start with these, but I feel the "Studio & Associates" line will be lost on all of them when you put it on a business card. The second one conveys photography the most, but maybe nature photography.

Trajan is an over-used typeface. Most call it "The Movie Font" because Hollywood seems to love it. Consider finding another strong serif or semi-serif typeface instead, unless the client demands it. I'm sure others will chime right in!
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I like the photography pic, but will this set the client apart from other photographers or will it be too generic? What's up with the duck? Just curious. I like it, but what does the duck mean? I don't like the last shape. Is that the shape of the island? I don't think it has enough to do with the business to be in the logo.

Oh wait, is a loon a duck? I guess if this is where the client is located then everyone will recognise it instantly. But if a duck is the region's icon, then having a duck on a logo would be very common in this region.
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Having a duck as the logo might make people that they only go for wildlife/birds/etc for photography.

The third logo option is the strongest in my opinion.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Knowing that's a loon (not a duck) it makes sense to me, since it's the state bird of MN. So, it this is a regional business people here would not give it a second thought about being called that. (google search:Apparently there are several Loon Island locations as well)

One thing that seems to be happening is that the "would be" lower case letters in Loon seem to be smaller than the "would be" lower case letters of Island . The capitals of the beginnings of the words also do not line up either. Intentional? If so, it doesn't work for me as I would read it as not being careful enough to detail.

I'm favoring the second one. The third one I don't like the image in that particular font's O.

Comment

My initial reactions are:

1. Real estate company

2. Photography studio, but as mentioned above, people might think they only do wildlife photos.

3. Financial or legal firm

4. Golf course

My fave is the 3rd one.

Comment

I'm with Tea, a loon is well known here at least. The OP didn't say if he is in MN but loons can work for this logo. I like illustration, just not liking any of the logos yet, too commonplace. If you go to a second color don't forget the red eye, it's striking. Kind of like the island loon head that you've got going on but it needs a little more development with type placement.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X