Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sketch28
    What is this type of design called?
    sketch28
    I really like this type of design and would like to try my hand at some of my own, but I would like to see more examples of it. Could anyone tell me what it's called?

Sorry...
    Today, 05:32 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooka Ad series

Nooka is a sorta a watch/accessory company that focuses on design and embraces the future. They actually are a really interesting company based out of NYC. These were done for the one show/club, just looking to get some further input on them before I send them off.

I'm not really much help to critic on something as pro as this. I love them all three of them. I don't really have anything to say as far as changing something. They look good to go. In my opinion, someone here with more professional advice may think otherwise.

Comment

Kind of looks like itunes. You said you made them just for the One Show? Not for publication? Wouldn't they need some contact info/call to action? Store and hours or www or email?

Comment

Maybe make the nooka and tagline stand out more. I think it needs more contast so you can see the companies name better. I like the design though.

Comment

I agree - these ads look good but they ultimately make you ask more questions rather than answering them. What is Nooka? Your viewer is ultimately going to ignore it if they can't figure out where to get more info.
          - Jen

"You cannot soar with eagles if you surround yourself with turkeys"

My blog

Comment

They look nice, but I agree that they generate more questions than answer them. What the pancake is a Nooka? It looks like an apron that tells time.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I so agree with Virgo that my first thought was apron.
              They are nice and all but I wouldn't have a clue what you are selling. And as I don't know the brand that would be my out.

Maybe you need a tagline that helps that out? Or a different approach to the person?
              Also contact information is key.
              I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

The background is great. I love it. But I agree that you can't really tell what it's for. My initial thought when I saw it was literally "What the eff is that??" Maybe a little something to give some more insight. "More than an accessory" doesn't really tell me anything, except for something that it's not. (not "just" an accessory...then a what?)
                Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

so these are flexible body sized watches?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I understand where it may be hard to pick up on what is actually being sold. I had thoughts about putting a smaller watch in the corner of the ad and moving the tagline and Nooka logo close to the bottom.

I guess it never really crossed my mind to put contact information up and I have no idea why but it logically makes a lot of sense.

Updates should be posted tomorrow

Comment

Updates:

I moved the nooka and tag line but as I did I remembered that they were in the places they were because the background is an enlarged watch and that's where the branding was located on the watch.

Increased the opacity in the Nooka, I figure i may aswell make it solid at this point. . .

Although they do make more than watches I changed the tag line because in this series I focus primarily on the watches.

Lemme know what you think

(I know the magenta one has a ghosting of Nooka, its late and i need that led apple monitor)

Its hard to see but its 8 pt font the secondary txt reads "experience nooka.com"

Comment

Sorry, I just think those ladies would look much nicer without those obstacles hiding all their beautiful natural curves.
                        When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Unless these really are aprons that tell time, I don't see the point of having these things enlarged and draped across their abdomens. I don't think it looks attractive, imo.

blog/portfolio

Comment

*reads ads*

Hmm. Too bad they don't make anything for men.

*moves on*

(I cheated and Googled the company. You've ignored a good number of potential customers!)
                            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I am not really getting the concept or why I should have any interest in the product.

What will this product do for me?
                              is it just for women?

The design really shows an overt mimicry of the Apple iTunes campaign.
                              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X