Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• AutumnSong
    Reply to Business Name Ideas
    AutumnSong
    Thank you Pan Toshi. Your point is well taken, I'm happy to be a part of this community!
    Today, 02:26 AM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to Company Logo Rebranding Critique
    Pavlo
    Yes, I get that clients can have what they want because they are paying for it.

But that's not the point of the role of a graphic designer is it?

Also, this is a forum for graphic
    Today, 01:27 AM
  • garricks
    Comment on Happy Friday!!
    garricks
    Oh, crap. I've done that. Not fun. Take care hon!
    Today, 01:05 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Recommendation request: online proofing tool
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF CALM

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Business Name Ideas
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Autumn

Seems a bit silly to have random strangers throw names at a wall to see what sticks, no? We don't know anything about you or your business, really. What have you come...
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wholesale food logo from a beginner

Hello, i'm a total n00b with logo, but I've always loved to draw, but never took any serious course with design.
    As a result, I guess i really need you guy professionals' help to criticize my logo that i'm creating for my uncle. Small company, without much money to hire professionals. We will once we get bigger.

It's a company that provides food service (eg selling all kinds of food (fruits, food additive, desserts), and food related materials) to manufacturers and stores.

Can you guys let me know what's wrong with this logo?
    I have a color of restriction to 2 colors only, where one of them is spot black based.

I have attached the pictures.

Thanks guys!
    Attached Files

My background is similar to yours, so keep in mind my views aren't professional ones. They will be coming next I'm sure.

I don't think the D in Deli is very tasty looking. It looks a bit like an artists pallette. I still don't know if it is a cherry an apple a pear an olive or whatever. I think there is plenty of scope to work with the letter D and get something tastier.

It seems imbalanced. Why does the word service end where it does? Why not make it central with Delico?

I don't personally like the font, it plays tricks with my eyes. I can't determine which way is up for the letters. I mean, some letters look like they are inclined at +1° while other -1°, and others vertical.
    When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Thanks for your feedback..
      it's a Mango btw haha.. with an Egg if you see can see it
      Now that you mention it.. it's not tasty..

The reason "food service" is like that.. is because there'll be a french version... that would be "Service Alimentaire" which is much longer, so i'm saving some space there. Now sure how to coordinate all that to make all balance.
      When you mean central.. do you mean centered? or make "food service" take up the whole width?

Would you have any font suggestion? I have a friend criticizing my font too. she said to choose something "better". Seriously, I don't know what's a better font.

Thanks, more feedbacks are welcome!

Comment

You have an American and French version and you say they don't have money to pay a professional? Well I know a few designers that would trade some French food or a running tab at a store for a logo.

I agree that the D doesn't read well. Consider replacing it with type and use a drawing off to the side or somewhere else, but make it a more recognizable fruit like an apple or grapes.

Look over some fonts that are a bit bolder too.

Comment

Have you done any research on other logos out there of your competition? It's a good idea to have a look to get a feel for what works and what doesn't work.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I'd like to see what other ideas you worked up.

The D is simply not working. I was wondering why the Avocado was orange.

The problem with a mango is that they really don't have a distinctive shape--and they aren't iconic like an apple (at least in the US, etc).

I think you need to work up a couple dozen more concepts (in B&W) and post them. we can help guide you from there.
            Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

The D is an avocado? Wow I TOTALLY missed that.

As the others have said, it's not working out.
              I definitely suggest taking a look at other logos (as Buda suggested) and seeing if you can sketch up on paper some ideas, like alot of ideas. And then come back to this, I think you'll find yourself more successful in the end.
              I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by Audentia View Post
                The D is an avocado? Wow I TOTALLY missed that.
                No, no, it's a mango. The color was appropriate, but to me the shape (and the big seed) looked like an avocado.

In general the shape isn't one that makes for an automatic response/recognition--which is crucial in a logo.
                Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
                  No, no, it's a mango. The color was appropriate, but to me the shape (and the big seed) looked like an avocado.

In general the shape isn't one that makes for an automatic response/recognition--which is crucial in a logo.
                  Oh... doesn't look like a mango to me either. Both of which are really obscure veggies/fruits in my opinion. Maybe just cause I don't live tropical, but something perhaps more common if you must have a fruit/veggie might be better. Like an apple (please watch it doesn't look like mac's apple), banana, carrot or otherwise more common produce.

Comment

I don't think an apple is very indicative of a deli, since you can buy an apple anywhere. Something more exotic would be more appropriate, something you really do go to the deli to buy.
                    When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Originally posted by Heartburn_02 View Post
                      I don't think an apple is very indicative of a deli, since you can buy an apple anywhere. Something more exotic would be more appropriate, something you really do go to the deli to buy.

You can't buy an apple in an Apple Store - I call false advertising!!!

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I got the impression this was a full service grocery store?
                        Not just a deli... to me a deli only sells sandwich meats and appetizer stuff.
                        I think that the definition of the word is lost in translation here amongst different cultures.

In the description I read about the all kinds of foods, including fruit.
                        Apparently it's my day for being lost. Can't seem to follow anything today.

Comment

Originally posted by Audentia View Post
                          Can't seem to follow anything today.
                          Maybe you shouldn't have went out to all hours of the morning drinking your brains out ---- huh huh huh huh huh huh huh that will learn ya.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
                            Maybe you shouldn't have went out to all hours of the morning drinking your brains out ---- huh huh huh huh huh huh huh that will learn ya.
                            Haha. I dunno... one whole drink?
                            And it's really not my fault... Bladez dragged me there.

Comment

*steers thread back on topic*
                              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X