Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    ISitude
    There's a follow-up survey found just after the last vid ...I'm guessing that my written answers are also award winning
    Today, 03:48 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Logo tutorial
    MichaelWied
    Agreed.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    PrintDriver
    Then change the title to "Getting Started with Illustrator"
    Not "Logo Design."
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    MichaelWied
    I honestly think he's just showing some quick tuts to get people started in illustrator. But I know what you mean by people seeing these videos and thinking that's how stuff gets done. An even bigger...
    Today, 03:22 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Need feedback on this package
    Buda
    The chocolate stuff looks like blood.
    Today, 03:16 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give me some input

Whew! I was in the graphic design/publishing field for about 12 years. However, I've been on hiatus since I had my first child 4 years ago. I'm wanting to get back in the swing of things and do some freelance work. So, for right now, I'm working on my own identity. I'd love any input you guys can offer, especially since most of the people I know think Papyrus is a lovely font.

Here's a link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27805329@N05/4261054463/

Thanks.
    Last edited by Kool; 01-10-2010, 01:04 PM.

It's nice and clean and I like the colors, but its a little sparse, could use some more info on who you are and what you do.
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I like where you're going with this but there are some bothersome negative spaces that break the flow.
      The top of the N right hand side under the B . Don't know if the N outiside stem works going half way into the D

Have you tried leaving off the white hairline? I might be wrong but it may be a little distracting.

Have you tried BN with D under it on it's side with the straight side on the bottom.

Comment

CMYK,
        Good suggestions.
        I agree with your comments.

Why can't I create a good logo.

Great start.
        Please support justice for Bella

Comment

Thanks for the input. i had some friends (who aren't in design) tell me that when I had the B and N touching it kinda looked like a D on top of an R, so that's why the space is there.

I do agree with the N going halfway into the D. I wasn't sure about that but decided to leave it because i had been looking at it too much. Know what i mean?

anyway... here's a link to the updated version.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2759/...e553888c_o.png

Comment

Oh, nice.

You could use the D to make a comb - get it Newcomb Designs.
            LOL
            Ok, I'm a BeautyNut, so I would see a comb in the D.
            Plus, your name added right to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeautyNut View Post
              CMYK,
              Good suggestions.
              I agree with your comments.

Why can't I create a good logo.

Great start.
              Because you need to be more CREATE - IVE.

Thats something you need to work on.

Theres really not much point telling others you can't do it.

If you can't do it, nobody can be creative on your behalf, so theres not a big lot of advice people can give apart from go away back to your pencil and paper, then when you've CREATED a few ideas bring them back here for people's opinions.

I don't believe being creative is something you can learn. You just need to dig deep and see if its there. If it is, good, if its not, well, just be honest and believe it. I am somewhat at the same position myself. I do recognise my passion for creativity, and possibly in other disciplines I have more talent, but regarding graphics, I'm reluctant to face up to it, but I do acknowledge I don't have any hope of comparing with those who are naturally talented.

Sometimes a reality check is called for.

I have to say that the more time I spend looking here on the forum, and looking at the world around me, the quality of work I've come across here generally doesn't really seem very impressive at all. It falls way short of what's out there in the world at large.

I do appreciate all the help offered and do believe there is much to be learned, but creativity isn't one of the things. I just find graphic design so interesting that I don't want to throw the towel in yet, and acknowledge I haven't got what it takes.
              When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

beautynut - betsy newcomb isn't my real name. just not a fan of giving out that info on a forum that i am new to, know what i mean?

Comment

Heartburn,
                  I completely agree with your reply.
                  I do have a lot to learn and a long way to go.
                  I'm sketching - promise.

Your honest response really helps me and keeps in check.
                  Thank you.

pickleddaisy,
                  OH Yes! I completely understand.
                  I apologize.

Still looks good, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Heartburn_02 View Post
                    I have to say that the more time I spend looking here on the forum, and looking at the world around me, the quality of work I've come across here generally doesn't really seem very impressive at all. It falls way short of what's out there in the world at large.
                    Not sure what you're point is here, but i'd say posters are generaly inexperienced or non-designers, so the quality is going to be less than sterling. Or somebody is struggling with a concept. Rarely do people come solely for praise, except those bloody sig boys. If anything that should encourage you; nobody here churns out gold every time, you just never see that. If you can be consistantly solid, learning good design, eliminating silly inconsistences, then that compensates for a lack of creativity, and puts you ahead of many designers.

Comment

Welcome back Roth. I've missed you. I find your posts some of the more interesting and realistic. Spade's a spade sort of thing.
                      When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Yeah, that's me - loved by all.

Comment

Roth - the words of wisdom.
                          Your post helped, thank you.

Comment

Yes I like the new logo much better. The negative space isn't conflicting anymore.

Beautynut if you like the D and it says comb to you why don't you try that for yours? You thought of it.

Comment

Beautynut if you like the D and it says comb to you why don't you try that for yours? You thought of it.
                              I have, but didn't like any of the designs.
                              Seriously, I'm very lost and frustrated, but I'm still trying and sketching.

Thank you for the suggestion.
                              Your help is greatly needed and appreciated.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X