Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Sweden's official national typeface
    Buda
    Cool idea but I'm not convinced that font will work in every situation. Can they remove Comic Sans from all government computers? That would be a nice start.

My mum works for a government...
    Today, 02:43 AM
  • it52
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    it52
    I do find them a bit boring. I think the layout and graphics themselves are too simple. I think you can definitely try adding some more detail to the graphics and experiment a bit more with your layo...
    Today, 01:19 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    <b>
    I always try to recommend what I think will work best for the client -- even when it means a lower fee for me. It sort of boils down to a matter of being professional and honest, which as far as I'm concerned,...
    Today, 12:40 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranch logo

Hi gang, long time no see. Crazy busy.

Need some input on this logo concept. The client suggested the R in the name be shaped like a boot. I thought about doing something totally different (maybe a 'roof' above part of the name or something). Is this on the mark at all? Which boot do y'all like better? Thanks!

--
    When I buy stickers for folks in prison, I bring milk not backyard meth - it's a prison party!

It reads "anchstead". I don't think the boot as an R is going to work unless you make it really obvious - and even then there's a big chance it's just going to look tacky and predictable. The R reminds me of an elephant.

Personally, I'd concentrate on the type. The uppercase cowboy look seems to fit quite well and wouldn't need much to go with it as it looks like it belongs on the front gate of a ranch. I'd find a nicer font though.

In regards to the font, I'd just make sure that you aren't using fonts that are, A. Overused, B. Tacky, C. Not licensed for commercial use.

Comment

All you really need to do is the letter R with a spur out the back and a buckle strap on it. The boot isn't working. It would be better to make the R resemble a boot than a boot resemble a R.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I agree that the boot isn't really working. Perhaps trying out some sketches to see if you can work with the R in a different way.
        Also I find (as holycow says) that your type is not that interesting. It's kinda dull right now...
        I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

I don't like the boot.

I especially don't like the boot as an R.

This could be a project you can really sink your teeth in. There are several "vintage" styles you can explore, plus a whole host of motifs, etc.

think you need to do a bit of research, explore historical/cultural styles and do a bunch of sketches.

Does the ranch have a "brand"????
          Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

I always visualize these things hanging over a gated entry.
            Somehow this just seems too clean, static, and, well... girly... for a ranch.
            Does this ranch do something? Is it a dude ranch, a cattle ranch, a horse ranch, a private ranch that doesn't raise stock?

Comment

Thanks guys! Great food for thought (and i was starving on this one). I like eugene's suggestion. Should have KISS earlier. *duh*

Actually, its not really a "ranch" at all..... its more of a service for ranch/farm owners... (trying not to give out too many details).

PD - Thats what I was thinking about doing for the website itself. I'm much more versed in web design than in logos...
              --
              When I buy stickers for folks in prison, I bring milk not backyard meth - it's a prison party!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X