Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• MichaelWied
    Reply to Some interesting Graphic Design debate discussions?
    MichaelWied
    Cool idea! I'm actually working on a blog myself. Just some advice that was given to me by someone who studies journalism is to have a years worth of content ready. So if it's a weekly blog, have no less...
    Today, 04:41 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    garricks
    I bought a Canoscan based on PrintDriver's recommendation, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse.
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    PrintDriver
    There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    Buda
    I would never hand over the work to an untrustworthy client without getting payment. You let this happen.

If you don't have a contract and deposit, take this as an expensive lesson to make...
    Yesterday, 09:35 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of August!!!
    Buda
    It is a shame, but maybe we can do Quote of the Month?

There are some gems every now and then that are nice to relive in case we miss them the first time around. Thanks to you and Kool for...
    Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you all think?

this project has been giving me nightmares since before thanksgiving. there have been numerous changes and eventaully gone back to almost the orig design... and if you followed my thred in the printing and pre-press section, this was the print that i have been struggling with since thurs of last week. thanks to Drazan, Audentia & eugenetyson for helping me get that done!

but alass, id like to see what you all think of it. i know the customer LOVES it.. lol but i value your opinions a tad more

these are the finished product:

This is the file so you can see the actual design:

i printed it on a gloss vinyl, laminated with a matte lam so there wouldnt be a glare, and the prices are cut vinyl so when they change their mind again in 2 weeks, i dont have to print a whole new one the pink squares on the bottom one (the 'clear' squares on the top ones) are copy holders where they will insert flyers from the makers of the brand of shakes they sell, basically they change every month.

thanks!
    Last edited by Ang; 12-06-2011, 02:43 AM.
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    - Randy K. Milholland

How big are the cards/flyers that are going in the plastic things? Will it cover your copy?
    Uh...
    Loose Big? or Lose Big?

Comment

you guys have cheaper prices than over here in california!

Comment

From an end-user POV, it is easy to read and looks appetizing.

Comment

thanks guys!

pd: the plastic things are the exact same size as a letter sheet, and it will not cover my copy. the customer requested that i not leave it too blank behind it in case they didnt have any specials that month, but they most likely will. and (eventually) they are going to have me design a template in word (ick) that matches the board somewhat so they can print out the specials every month and put them in there. but the almonds in the corner there will get covered up slightly.

and um... oops i hope its loose big my boss, and 3 guys from the customers end proofed it so i think thats right, but now that you mention it, it doesnt and of course thats a real word so spellcheck wouldnt notice it... eek...

xd: yeah ive heard that before, my sister lived in cali for a bit and she said the same thing!

totem: thanks! i was going for a very realistic "i want to grab the fruit off there and eat it" look. and now im craving raspberries so i guess it worked
          Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
          - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Loose is the opposite of tight.
            Lose is the opposite of win.
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

"Loose big" conjures up an interesting image for a health drink...
              Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

yeah the sinking feeling is settling in

i never said i could spell!
                - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Oh no - was it delivered and all? Spell checker is no replacement for a good proofreader.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

i guess your only choices are to

live with it
                    reprint
                    overlay

Comment

def not going to reprint not with the disaster that i went thru getting it to print! ill prob do an overlay...
                      - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

your pants/clothes will get loose if you consume maybe ?
                        sigpickeep it simple or simply keep it

Comment

don't beat yourself up over it. if the client signs off on it then it's just as much their fault as yours. bet you'll never mix those two words up again though

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Would it not be more - if the text was supplied like that the client is responsible, but if it was supplied spelled correctly and typed wrong then the error might not be just the clients for signing off on it.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

regardless the clients signed off on it. it's not her fault that they didn't take the time to read over it carefully

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X