Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to An extra charge for vector logo?
    Lucifer
    'Friends' will always expect a discount.
    Today, 09:50 PM
  • dvdbct
    Reply to Our Pet Pictures
    dvdbct
    Sometimes I let the dog help out with phone calls.
    Today, 09:41 PM
  • pixaeiro
    Hola!
    pixaeiro
    Hola,
    I am a tools software engineer. I do graphic design mostly for software user interfaces, documentation, tutorials and websites.
    I hope I can contribute to this community.
    Thanks...
    Today, 09:37 PM
  • dvdbct
    Reply to so... What do you guys DO???
    dvdbct
    Hey! I work for a company that produces multiple magazines. I design advertisements for outside companies who do not have an ad created. Then, when it comes time to layout the magazine, I assist with...
    Today, 09:35 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on An extra charge for vector logo?
    Cosmo
    Well, some of my friends only wanted to pay $20 for their logo...
    Today, 09:28 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first logo design in years.. what do you think?

so here is my latest logo design, i had not designed a logo in years so be nice

other logo designs

How will this look in strict black and white (not grayscale)?

The tagline will get lost at small sizes, and I feel it's way too close to DVA.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
      How will this look in strict black and white (not grayscale)?

The tagline will get lost at small sizes, and I feel it's way too close to DVA.
      well the tagline and DVA can always be rearranged when getting ready for say business cards, web design etc.
      for now its just an over all look and feel, rearrangement is the easy part

Comment

Originally posted by divisionbella View Post
        well the tagline and DVA can always be rearranged when getting ready for say business cards, web design etc.
        for now its just an over all look and feel, rearrangement is the easy part
        I'd say that the name of the company is very important. And part of the look and feel is the font choices.

I think the logo "mark" itself is okay. But like Virgo I would be very concerned for you about the company name, not only the size and proximity to the mark but also the choice of font. Your mark above is clean and nice, and you chose a serif font. It seems to be at odds to me.
        I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

A bit cliched but not bad.

Try stacking the company name underneath the DVA. This would allow it to be a little larger in font size and keep it in balance with the rest of the logo. Right now it's too small in comparison to the other logo elements.

Also maybe work the logo mark into the DVA somehow making it one unit rather than two separate entities on top of the company name.

Comment

well this was just a made up company name and logo really, i chose the name and the DVA, in terms of type setting and alignment i have not looked to much into it, my main thing was the logo on top

Comment

I'm slightly confused about what the logo is depicting exactly - is it a parent holding a baby in their arms?

It says caring parent to me rather than abusive parent.
              When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

The logo looks as if it's about to topple over to me.
                The DVA text needs to be much more prominant. The black section in the symbol totally overpowers the weedy little font.

I think you have a good concept, but it could be executed much better.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X