Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Design Assignment
    <b>
    I took a chance and downloaded the PDF.

Anyway, what do you mean about mimicking a design? What design are you trying to mimic?

As for a grid, yeah, I can see that you've...
    Today, 04:34 PM
  • grphxdsner
    Comment on Question about printing PDF and matching color
    grphxdsner
    You and I both think it's odd... and to be honest its from a very large well known ad agency so it is even more surprising.

I am not the printer. I am a designer and I am leading the design...
    Today, 04:32 PM
  • chr2014
    Reply to Paint Shop Pro 5
    chr2014
    Thanks Cosmo...

I downloaded the file but it put utilities on my computer that I had to delete.

It would be nice if you could just download the paint program without having unwanted...
    Today, 04:21 PM
  • mikelamar
    Reply to Changing color mode InDesign
    mikelamar
    And how I do that? Please enlighten me !!!
    Today, 04:19 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on Advice for logo
    <b>
    In a typeface design, little quirks in the glyphs are typically repeated throughout the entire character set. Isolate one glyph from the font, however, and a small quirk can look like a mistake since...
    Today, 04:19 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poster Critique

This is a fictional poster that's supposed to promote a Sex Ed website.
    The figures at the bottom are pretty self-explanatory: pie-charts--you can figure out what they're doing.

Tell me what you think.

Lol. Firstly, I think the poster is too big, length wise. Secondly, I would like to see a texture put onto the poster to give it depth and more of an eye catching feel to it. The design is basic but nice.

Comment

It's a great idea but I think the execution needs tweaking as I had no idea they were pie charts until I read your explanation. Maybe that's because I just woke up though and I'm not quite with it yet!

Also I think the text size could be bumped up slightly. I would recommend NOT putting a texture on it as there's absolutely no need and will just distract from whats already there. Textures often makes things look amateurish unless there's a valid reason for having it.
      When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

A light texture, maybe 5% opacity max. Just enough to get a small texture look, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

I first made the figures at the bottom to be pie charts but then I seemed to be looking for the male and female symbols somewhere in the figures. And actually it became a little frustrated because it felt like they should have been there somewhere cleverly placed within the shapes. It could be somewhat abstract I think and still be effective. Any way to incorporate them in there?

Good luck!

BP Design Lab

Comment

I see a few things.
            1. A pink pram doing a wheelie, with a loose hinge on the hood.
            The blue pram has dumped the baby right out the front.

2. I see a blue head (like Pacman) chatting up a pink head, which has got its back to the blue head, and it is also chittering away into thin air, chittering to itself really, playing hard to get, or just being humpy
            When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

You can have various pictures of my baby girl, screaming her head off, a shitstorm of a nappy, me and mrs roth shadows of our former selves, all for free. That'd make em keep it in their pants.

Comment

I can't make out what the pie charts are doing...but that may just be me. I like the way the pink on reminds me of an old pram.

Comment

Awesome idea. Really nice. Execution needs to be tightened though. I look forward to seeing v2.

Comment

i too saw baby carriages at the bottom.
                    and i also read it as Sexed, not SexEd.

seems a bit boring for sex.
                    Dribbble Page
                    Behance Portfolio
                    Linkedin Profile

Comment

I can't make out what the pie charts are doing...but that may just be me.
                      Me neither.

i also read it as Sexed, not SexEd.

I agree.

Those are my main thoughts as well.
                      Please support justice for Bella

Comment

Am I the only one bothered by how the charts are sitting on the bottom is regards to the competition?

I see that they are pie charts, and i am guessing they are doing it, but I don't know what the pie charts represent (except that they are male & female), or the significance of pie charts (and what they are charting).
                        Why pie charts? Why these pie charts?
                        Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

I agree.
                          Please support justice for Bella

Comment

Originally posted by BJMRGTIVR6 View Post
                            lol!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X