Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Render Scene.

The image size is really big on this, so I'm just going to post a link. This was my first ever rendered scene in Cinema 4D, It's not much but I'm glad with how it turned out.

Not a bad start at all!

Rather than a rombus - and if you would like - try looking at your volumetric light settings for that depth effect - or even putting a slight transparency mat combined with a reflection mat to turn it into a metal/glass object.

and if you haven't seen these yet - head on over. It's a resource for star wars 3d models specifically for C4D.

Happy rendering!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm still very noobish as to materials and lighting effects as well. I actually watched a tutorial for the light saber, I didn't intend to make an entire scene out of it, but when I seen the final product of the saber, I couldn't resist :P. Where can I find the "Volumetric Light Settings" ? I know that's probably a noob question lol. Thanks for the link as well, I'm sure I will use it for sure. Happy Rendering! Johnny.

I don't use c4d, I'm a 3dsmax person. Try searching for c4d volumetrics tutorials and you should find something to help you out.

also take a look at this post. it goes over the basics of material layers and what they do.

The other thing you may want to get is UVMapper classic - it's a free unwrapper tool to do texturing with. Just make sure you group your meshes before exporting the object, else you'll have a mess.

Last edited by Drazan; 01-23-2010, 01:08 AM.

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.