Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Concept I've been toying with.

This is for a fictitious company.

So I've been pretty bored lately, and my mum made an error in her speech when she was talking about this Shampoo and Conditioner stuff, calling it Campoo. A few days later I started toying with the idea, and thought up a business for it. Threw a few designs down on paper, and sort of liked this idea.

Made a few alternatives, like using bubbles in the place of the O's, which didn't look right, and liked this one the best, but is it too conventional?

Overall I like it.

I would loose the tag line though, when reduced you will probably loose it. You also have some slight kerning issues going on.
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Shampoo and conditioner when camping? No thanks - quick dip in the nearest river and you're done

Nice enough concept though - how about doing the full label now?
      Last edited by hank_scorpio; 01-22-2010, 02:12 PM.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

yeah, sort that kerning out ... cam p o o doesn't work

Comment

Is that any better? I'm pretty newbie to the whole kerning thing, I know what it is, just not really how to fix it.

I'll work on a label, too.

Comment

Did someone say shampoo and conditioner?
            I'm a BeautyNut, now!

JSMartin,
            I like it, too.
            I am the exact same way with the kerning issue - not sure how to fix it.
            Please support justice for Bella

Comment

In Illustrator, convert your type to outlines (command + shift + o), ungroup (command + shift + g) all of the letters and manually adjust the spacing between them.

When I said kerning, I was looking at the space between the C and the swoosh on the lower part of the A, in relation to the swoosh and the M leg. See how C has more space?
              Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Yep the kerning is much better in your latest one. Have you tried any other fonts though as this one doesn't really say 'outdoors' to me. I think something a bit more rugged would be better suited to the product.

I would say it's a conventional logo but there's nothing wrong with that in itself. It depends whether it's right for the business or not. Have you gone any deeper than a name and product for your fictitious company? If you decide who the market is and how the product should be positioned, then you can judge whether the logo is a good fit.
                When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by pinksta View Post
                  Yep the kerning is much better in your latest one. Have you tried any other fonts though as this one doesn't really say 'outdoors' to me. I think something a bit more rugged would be better suited to the product.

I would say it's a conventional logo but there's nothing wrong with that in itself. It depends whether it's right for the business or not. Have you gone any deeper than a name and product for your fictitious company? If you decide who the market is and how the product should be positioned, then you can judge whether the logo is a good fit.
                  I'm not sure about changing typeface, if I do I think I'd have to completely start from scratch, I think the font work well with the tent-on-the-hill idea, and I don't think a more rugged font would work.

Ckret, I'm using Photoshop (had a lot of trouble trying to get the trial of Illustrator cause my internet plays about), so I'm trying to kern it by hand.

Comment

When I said kerning, I was looking at the space between the C and the swoosh on the lower part of the A, in relation to the swoosh and the M leg. See how C has more space?
                    Now, I see!
                    You're good!
                    Please support justice for Bella

Comment

Potential Sticker, more just working on positioning at the moment, but have this so far;

http://i49.tinypic.com/111jtjb.png

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post

A quick cheat to "see" kerning issues. Print out the piece and turn it upside down. You will be able to see more clearly the kerning and tracking issues. Orphan words, rivers (white space between words), and irregular kerning will pop-out more.
                        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I'm not digging the typeface.

I can't put a finger on why, but I see a san-serif, semi-bold, or even a condensed bold face would work better. Perhaps something with a short decender.
                          Not black though. Perhaps the lighter green.
                          That way you could have a 2-color logo rather than a 3 letter one.

I'd also make the sub-head run the same length as the big text above it.
                          Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

seamas, so something more along these lines?

http://i46.tinypic.com/2i0zwhk.png

Comment

I was mostly talking about the typeface of the logo itself.

What you have done with the 'subhead" is WAY too tracked out and hard to read.
                              What I was saying about that was to bring the ends of the text string to the same edges as the logo (which you have done) but I would not use a condensed font there.
                              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X