Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    PrintDriver
    The Dadaist approach would go one step further. Maybe tearing them up or putting an 'accidental' coffee stain on them.
    Today, 10:08 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    PrintDriver
    Do rabbits cough up hairballs? If not, they definitely can replace cats. Easily.
    Today, 10:06 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    PrintDriver
    You can have the best logo in the world, but if your product is garbage, that will be far more impressionable than any logo. Does anyone remember what the Ronco logo looks like? No? Bet you remember that...
    Today, 10:04 AM
  • snehal_Joshi
    Comment on Business Logo Design
    snehal_Joshi
    A logo is the first impression for any brand, as per my view only logo can create your first corporate brand image.
    Today, 06:31 AM
  • approveme
    Reply to Which of HTML and XHTML works best for most browsers?
    approveme
    What Is XHTML?

XHTML stands for EXtensible HyperText Markup Language
    XHTML is almost identical to HTML
    XHTML is stricter than HTML
    XHTML is HTML defined as an XML application...
    Today, 05:46 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving design the back door

Well I'm quite fed up with design, so I've decided to borrow a photograph and incorporate it into the web site and get rid of the logo I meticulously crafted. So here it is: the NEW Cardiff Buddhist Centre website

Comments please...

I borrowed a nice motorcycle once to impress the girls, but it had to go back. It wasn't really mine, I was just pretending.
    When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Screen shots

Here are the two website designs side by side:
      Attached Files

Comment

What do you mean by "borrow"?
        Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Reply to question about borrowing

Originally posted by seamas View Post
          What do you mean by "borrow"?
          The photo is of the painting in the CBC Shrine Room no. 2. I didn't take it, and I didn't paint it.

Comment

Or secure the rights to use it?
            Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Ur, yeah!

Originally posted by seamas View Post
              Or secure the rights to use it?
              I asked Norman Tang, the photographer if I could use one of his photos, so yeah I secured the rights to use it.

Comment

The old design was so much classier and appealing.
                The "new" design looks like less thought was put into it.
                I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Some more designs that didn't make it

Here are some other screenshots of designs that didn't make it:
                  Attached Files

Comment

This may be personal preference, but I like the one on the left of the ones you've just posted. It just looks.. neater to my eye. I like neither of the first ones you've posted an exceptional amount; they just don't look very appealing to me. Quite dull and uninviting colours.

Comment

Originally posted by JSMartin View Post
                      This may be personal preference, but I like the one on the left of the ones you've just posted. It just looks.. neater to my eye. I like neither of the first ones you've posted an exceptional amount; they just don't look very appealing to me. Quite dull and uninviting colours.
                      Which of the two you didn't find appealing did you like the most?

Comment

Fighting fire-breathing dragons don't really conjure up peaceful meditation.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                          Fighting fire-breathing dragons don't really conjure up peaceful meditation.
                          Maybe the dragons will burn all the noisy ones and all that is left is peace and quiet?
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

But that particular dragon is the national symbol of Wales, isn't it?
                            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                              But that particular dragon is the national symbol of Wales, isn't it?
                              Yes it's the Welsh Dragon which features on the national flag.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X