X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a logo im working on.

im just looking for some insight or advice on how to improve this logo I am working on..

Thanks in advance,

Tre
    Attached Files

I should mention its for a personal portfolio, for web design. The image didnt transfer over well not sure why.

Comment

So this is a logo for a web design company? The paintbrush and script font would lead me to believe that it's for someone in fine arts.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Hmm.. really, does anyone else think the script font is a no-no?

Im going to post a new version shortly that is horizontal instead of stacked.

Thank again for your input

Comment

Yeah, sorry, it's more the brush is a disconnect from web design than the typeface.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Well, it is a graphic/web design company if that makes any difference.. I am gonna try to lay this out a bit differently and repost.

I am really trying to make this logo right, and its gonna take some time.

Thank you all who are following this thread, you all are a great help!

Comment

I agree about the brush. It doesn't say web/graphic design to me at all. To me it says that you're a painter. Have any other concepts?

Comment

Why not cover both disciplines, with the two words formatted differently.
                When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Using a pencil / paintbrush / mouse / computer in your logo is really rather cliché, and it can also come across as amateur. Your logo doesn't need to be a graphic representation of your tools.

Here are some things to consider:

What do you want the logo to say about you and your business? (friendly, formal, conservative, fun, serious, crazy, etc.)

Who is your ideal customer? What would appeal to them? Is there a specific message you want them to understand when they see your logo? What one thought/feeling would you like them to have about your company?

What would make them want to talk to you, or consider hiring you instead of one of the bazillions of other designers out there? (What sets you apart from your competition?)

With those things in mind, here's some advice about how to approach the logo design process.

You may also want to have a look at this exampleof what not to do: 23 Really Bad Font Choices.
                  "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Using a pencil / paintbrush / mouse / computer in your logo is really rather cliché, and it can also come across as amateur. Your logo doesn't need to be a graphic representation of your tools.
                    I needed to hear this, because I tend to lean in this crazy direction for some reason?
                    I have tendency to be 'literal and direct' rather than creative and abstract.

Maybe because I'm starting out, but thank you for this.
                    Please support justice for Bella

Comment

I thought you were a painter, illustrator, or working for Disney. doesn't say web design to me....not that everything needs to say what it is, but this says something else to me.
                      Dribbble Page
                      Behance Portfolio
                      Linkedin Profile

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X