Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Final Art Disclaimer
    PrintDriver
    The problem today is many clients and designers consider the printer's proof one more opportunity to proof read. The document you are having printed should be FINAL before it is sent to the printer. The...
    Today, 11:30 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Design Assignment
    PrintDriver
    A lot of people will not download a PDF from an unknown source. Especially with the recent rash of Cryptoware floating around. You'll get more response if you post an image.
    Today, 11:26 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Trouble Printing Correctly onto Labels, even with my own Template
    PrintDriver
    most printers have a border that cannot be infringed. Unless you have a borderless printer, you need to account for that. Usually the bottom border is wider than the other three too.

What...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • kinner
    Reply to Advice for logo
    kinner
    Guys, thanks a lot for your feedback and comments! Really appreciated!
    Sorry I really don't get it how to quote everybody in one reply only, it keeps copying just one post instead of many.
    Today, 11:14 AM
  • hank_scorpio
    Reply to Modifying multiple artboards simultaneously in Illustrator
    hank_scorpio
    I just replying to your question on if they wanted to change just one line or word in a particular layout.
    Today, 11:12 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate Identity stationary set

i had jus recently finish doing an assignment for sch..its abt creating a corporate identity logo for a restaurant..so i chose this restaurant called brunch, well here is a breif description of that restaurant:

Genre: Sensible Fast Food

Brunch
    – a fresh new take on the city cafe, bringing the quality of home baked goodness, gourmet ingredients and market fresh produce to this concept chain of quick food eateries. Offering the hungry shopper or busy executive the ultimate in power breakfasts, delicious lunches, quick takeaways and leisurely tea breaks, all to be enjoyed amidst the relaxed buzz of Brunch stylish warm interiors.

Brunch’s range of sandwiches are either made to order, or freshly prepared that very morning; using quality, market fresh ingredients in a menu that offers everything from a classic grilled chicken caesar to an up to the minute tuna, rocket and sambal. With our salad selection ranging from crisp house greens, to
    a spicy penne with aubergine, to a Vietnamese glass noodle salad with green papaya, available in combination or prepacked for takeaway, healthy eating has never been this rewarding…or delicious.

Serving up some of the best coffee in town, delivering fresh sandwiches to your office, and offering you the option of the most satisfying quickie on the island.

basically this is my final draft of the corporate identity..
    pls do give comments and feedback (: thx

No image shown. Try again.
    Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Please repost the image in rgb. Not all browsers will display images in cmyk.

blog/portfolio

Comment

http://yfrog.com/efcorporateidentityj
        this is the link to my logo..

Comment

The image on that page is still cmyk. Some browsers will still be unable to display it. You'll get more feedback if you repost it in rgb so all can see it.

blog/portfolio

Comment

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3...teidentity.jpg
            how bout this?
            i dunno how to make it to rgb..cos i export it from illustrator to rgb alr so i dunno if its rgb now

Comment

Comment

Still in cmyk. Are you changing anything?

Bring the image into Photoshop, go to Image > Mode > RGB, then resave and repost.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Comment

Of save for Web and you should be golden. With that being said, I can actually see yoru CMYK posts, and as far as the target and the demographic. The brief mentioned market fresh, home-made style, gourmet.

the black and vibrant red colors certainly don't communicate the concept of fresh and gourmet. And neither does such a modern, heavy font. Not to mention the icon which is also uninviting, and angular (and to me looks like a stylized menacing eye, glaring at the viewer.)

I recommend researching similar restaurants/delis/cafes to get a better understanding of the market. I'm not saying you need to absolutely do everything that those restaurants/cafes/delis are doing ... but you certainly need to start there to better understand how you want to communicate to the market. Right now it's very off target.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

agreed. this would be an ideal treatment for a mountain bike company or something like that, not so much for a city cafe.

Comment

Same here.

It just isn't bringing anything "food", "fresh" or "gourmet" to my mind.

Even though it CLEARLY says "brunch", and I happen to be hungry, it isn't working.

Back to the sketchpad.
                        Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

^I agree Red and Black are not projecting what you stated. Do some research of competitors like Craig suggested. It has a race track feel to it now.

Comment

Your logo will work and the corporate identity seems fine but the logo being cut half way through the designs doesn't make much sense to me. And for the letterhead, have the bottom right part faded.

Comment

I'm always suspicious of student work (and non-student work, i guess) that flies around everywhere, cropping here, angling there. It's like you've got no confidence in the design. You might be aiming for bold and energetic, but it's not always necessary. Think of design like people - it's always the loud attention grabbers you bore of quickly.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X