Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    vaprarts
    I am somewhat in your target audience. I ride, i enjoy cafe racers, ive even heard of the company and been on their site once or twice. The thing about cafe racers are they believe "less is more"...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    skribe
    Your welcome! What you are doing is one way I learned php. I wanted to be able to make Wordpress do more, so I started experimenting, and reading through the both the Wordpress functions reference, and...
    Today, 12:38 AM
  • dotta
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    dotta
    Thank you very much. Come to find out there was an element in my first code that stretched over the next button causing it to return to the first page. I will still try the php examples you gave me; I...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • Abarth
    Reply to How Can I Covert This logo to 3D ?
    Abarth
    Hello Momoshy.

Thank you, i'm agree with you. I decided to make it in higher definition. But i'm afraid my graphic card can not handle it being rendered. I'm using AMD FX 8350 + 4 gb ram...
    Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Logo

pretty much this is just a logo with 2 A's. It's for a company called Atom Ant Design. Which one do you guys like? Nevermind the colors. They're not set and the ones I picked were only picked for contrast.

The company does web design, print design and offers logo design.

First thing: where is the company name? Is the logo really only the "Mark" with no explanation. So far none of these except maybe number five (because of the word design) tell me what they do...

Second: What is the feel we are going for here? I get creepy Ant from #2 (But I'm not a fan of bugs), All the others don't really say anything, they are just a graphic. In some cases I wouldn't even know that it was an A if someone didn't tell me, ie: #4. Not that said, yes Nike branded a swoosh and stuff. So you can do that, but you have to do it effectively and give me the company name somewhere.

I just don't think any of them stand out...
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

i'm not worried about the text of the company, just the mark right now. kind of surprised 'none' of them stand out.

Comment

I like that you are showing a variety -but a number of them simply don't look like "A"s:

1. Not sure what that looks like

3. Fl Fl

5. M

6 backwards "s"s

#2 is waaayyy too "web 2.0"
        #4 looks like 2 safety pins

#7 actually somewhat looks like "A"s, but doesn't have much charm.
        Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

This logo really needs an ant in it. There's only 1 concept with an ant in it but I don't like that one.

The other logos are really generic and it looks like you've explored shapes but not anything communicative.

Work more on concepts that are to do with the company name more.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

seamas, those were great comments and a bit funny. those do look like FL FL don't they?

BACK to the drawing board, eh

Comment

Comment

Or ...

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

1: I like this - it's simle and it looks cool - but it's lacking in something, perhaps colour and balance in the symettery

2: Too web 2.0 (i believe they call it) I like the ant crawling up the A, that's good

3: That's way too Atari 1986 or something - it looks too old school

4: Not liking that at all - simply nothing in it

5: I'm liking this design but it needs to be more descriptive, needs th company name in there - but it looks decent

6: Not liking this at all

7: Really not digging that all - it's just too bland.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

1. Too cluttered
                    2. Like the ant idea, but thats all
                    3. zzzZZZZZZZ
                    4. A bit vague
                    5. Room for improvement, especially DESIGN, though even a hint of a crossbar might help avoid confusing it with a letter M
                    6. Easily my first choice, simple and easily read. Though I would be curious to see a little rectangle set in where the tail of the foreground "a" is missing, not completely rebuilding the "a", but just offset slightly so that there is still a gap.
                    7. zzzZZZZZZZ

Although I think the coloured balls and rods used in chemistry class to model atomic structures and molecule chains, are just crying out to be modelled into an ant form, and the coloured balls give you lots of scope in that regard too, i.e. your colour choice.
                    Last edited by Heartburn_02; 01-27-2010, 05:41 AM.
                    When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Number 6 is by far the best but needs more work or even a different typeface. It looks too cheap or something you would see in a generic sci fi b movie.

It has potential to be something great, why not go for it.

Comment

Just had a thought, would Atom Ant as a name be copyright/trademarked already?
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
                          Just had a thought, would Atom Ant as a name be copyright/trademarked already?
                          Oh nooooooooo!

Don't start that again.

This copyright stuff would drive you mad.
                          When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Originally posted by Heartburn_02 View Post
                            Oh nooooooooo!

Don't start that again.

This copyright stuff would drive you mad.
                            I'm not sure if this is a real company or a portfolio piece, but if it is a real company, it's best to check out if you can use the name before pursuing down the path. It can be very expensive later on if you find out that you can't use the name.

Apple can't use the name Mighty Mouse for their computer mouse, so a web design company may have trouble using Atom Ant for their name.
                            Last edited by Buda; 01-27-2010, 10:49 AM.

Comment

What do they do? Design ants?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X