Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    Cosmo
    You can get a 21" iMac for $1099 with 8gb of memory (which is plenty). I would do that and then if you feel like you need more memory down the road, upgrade it. You can get 8gb of memory for under...
    Today, 05:50 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    <b>
    I like the look, but that isn't the same as saying it's right for the job.

If the card were actually for the Bronx Zoo, you'd need to consider the current branding of the zoo, then make your...
    Today, 05:25 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Personal Logo Suggestions
    Yehoshua
    Developed a personal logo. Suggestions or comments? Thanks!

JK for my initials....
    Today, 05:16 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    That's what I was looking for, thanks man. Do you have any tutorials or guides you could show me that could help me better understand typography and layout? That's probably been my biggest struggle thus...
    Today, 05:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Happy Halloween!!!!
    kemingMatters
    That reminds me of a Newfy joke lol
    Today, 04:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlett Johansson Vector Style Photo.

Please excuse her right eye, I kinda rushed that part lol.

Photoshop CS2. Mouse (no pad =]). bout 45 minutes since it's my first.

Nice start!
    A lot better than my abilities. LOL
    Please support justice for Bella

Comment

I like it.

The only thing that bothers me is the pink part coming off of her left eye (her left). It looks too large. Some subtle shading would also help break up the large flesh colored areas.
      "You can't say it sucks. That's my job." -design professor

Comment

It's ok, but it doesn't look much like her.

I wouls suggest adding some shadows and highlights to really capture the shape of her face, particularly around her eyes. They only need to be subtle - You've done it on her lips, but the colours seem too dark/light. You may want to add eyelids as well.

When trying to draw a person, the eyes are the most important and most recognisable part of the face. You need to really get them right.

I'd also remove the line from around the lips - it looks odd.

It's a good start, but I'm sure you could do much better.

Comment

It is really nice work. Agree that the pink thing sticks out too much. The eyes are a little too "popping out" if that makes any sense--maybe needs shading to settle them down. I also agree that it doesn't identify the celebrity even though it is based on a photo of her--

Comment

Its beautiful. It will look more like her with more detail. Pay attention to the light areas too. You need to add those light spots in the eyebrows and the cheeks. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Never make the white part of the eye pure white.
              It is usually MUCh grayer/pinker than you would think.
              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

There's a V2 of it. Yeah, This was my first vector style photo so I'm still trying to figure out the shading and layering of colors on the skin and still working on the details. I'll take all of the feedback in and try to make sure my next vector style photo is nicer then this one. Thanks for all the help .

Comment

Not necessarily the part of Ms Johansson I would have concentrated on, but each to their own.

Comment

Lol, I couldn't vector the whole body, That would have taken me forever for my fist lol.

Comment

Awesome typo.
                      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

A help with shading and highlighting. If you squint and stare at the original photo, you might be able to decipher them better.

Comment

Also, I think the dimensions of the first picture seem to work better. It has a nice up close impact, focusing more on her lips and eyes.
                          The second picture exposes more of her chin, and visually, it looks kinda off balanced.
                          I think changing the text color is okay.

Comment

Right now it doesn't look like anybody in particular.
                            Why move on to another piece? Why not perfect this one?
                            Sigs. Made by the internet, for the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                              Right now it doesn't look like anybody in particular.
                              Why move on to another piece? Why not perfect this one?
                              So I can keep moving forward and advancing to more difficult photos, working out the details along the way. Kind of like killing two birds with one stone, if it makes any sense.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X