Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to New Firefox Developer Edition
    skribe
    I still using both actually. I think Chrome's responsive and mobile views/tools are nicer than Firefox, and since I have taken to using Brackets text editor for doing a lot of my development work, I end...
    Today, 12:02 PM
  • skribe
    Reply to New Firefox Developer Edition
    skribe
    Welcome abivillanueva!

As you are a new member please take a few minutes and read though our rules and guidelines for new members. The following links should get you up to speed.
    Today, 11:58 AM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to Anyone else only have a diploma¿?
    StudioMonkey
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Frodo. Don't give up - your skills are valuable. Maybe you need to look at a different job title than Graphic Designer. Studio artworker, Mac operator, etc. all...
    Today, 11:50 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Create neural looking network in Illustrator
    ChrisDudley
    I would recommend drawing it by hand, scanning in and tracing it if you're looking to create something that actually looks like a neural network. There's no setting in Illustrator that's going to take...
    Today, 10:03 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    ChrisDudley
    I think this is a case of having settled too early in the design process. I do like the idea - breathing life into old designs. I think that has legs. But I don't love the execution particularly, specifically...
    Today, 09:56 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mos Def Vector Style Photo.

I go by a few different names on several sites, but most people know me by chainz graphics. I used to be on this site but I had an attitude back then and got rude with the people here, I apologize for that. So please do not be worried about the tag at the bottom, I can provide proof if any doubt should arise. Thanks, Jay.

looks good, i think the highlight on the end of the nose is a bit too strong. it looks like a spot more than a highlight. i also want to start singing Judas Priest (Some Heads Are Gonna Roll) i think just a bit of a neck would help tye head not look so lost...my $.02
    and welcome back to the madness.
    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Overall it is good.
      I agree that it needs a neck/shoulder. Otherwise it becomes comedy.

Am I the only one who is turned off by the "vector by…" at the bottom left?
      Seems tacky to me. If you need to put your name on it, I'd do it discreetly, and naming the type of media is unnecessary.
      Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
        Overall it is good.
        I agree that it needs a neck/shoulder. Otherwise it becomes comedy.

Am I the only one who is turned off by the "vector by…" at the bottom left?
        Seems tacky to me. If you need to put your name on it, I'd do it discreetly, and naming the type of media is unnecessary.
        I was going to add the neck later on :P. I post this on several sites, and there's some people that will sneak and try to steal it so I want my name to be in plain view lol. I also put the name of media on there because some people don't know what vectors are . Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

his eyes look funky to me. wouldn't his right eye be larger than his left since it is closer to us? for some reason i keep thinking of a furby when i look at it.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
            his eyes look funky to me. wouldn't his right eye be larger than his left since it is closer to us? for some reason i keep thinking of a furby when i look at it.
            It's not closer to us, it's just the angle the camera was at.

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...3/82573673.jpg

There's the picture I used

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMarz View Post
              I also put the name of media on there because some people don't know what vectors are .
              Right, but why does that matter?
              I mean, I've seen thousands of designs and art pieces done in vector. Never saw anyone label it as such-or see any reason to.

Removing your name would be pretty easy for anyone looking to pilfer the piece.
              Obviously do what you feel is necessary, but having it on there (so boldly) makes it come off amateurish.

Comment

deleted

Comment

his right eye is closer to the camera because of the angel, not very much but it is closer. regardless the eyes still look off.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMarz View Post
                    It's not closer to us, it's just the angle the camera was at....There's the picture I used
                    Did you take this picture?
                    I could give you a dose
                    but it would never come close
                    to the rage built up inside of me
                    fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X