Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• grphxdsner
    Comment on Seriously? I hate printers.
    grphxdsner
    Yeah but you have never worked with them before. Have you been to their shop? Do you know if they do large format in house? Right off the bat if they don't do it in house you can expect it to take longer....
    Today, 05:59 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Offset printing on kraft paper
    KitchWitch
    Hi Andrecostabr and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
    Today, 05:57 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Seriously? I hate printers.
    Designia
    Most of my rant has to do with the fact that these guys were sending up to 5 or 7 emails a day trolling for business that when I finally have a job for them they all of a sudden I have all this BS thrown...
    Today, 05:22 PM
  • grphxdsner
    grphxdsner
    When did you approve the quote? Was it when you sent the artwork? 5 days isn't enough if they didn't know in advance that you selected them for the job because:

Maybe they don't stock coroplast,...
    Today, 05:20 PM
  • Designia
    Designia
    Actually I get all three with the regular guy.
    Today, 05:19 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Flyer ideas- need feedback - Im new

I created these for a client a while back and I never got to use them. Pulled them out of the old archives and wanted to know what changes if any I should make (other than the concert information of course) if I plan on using them in the near future. Thanks guys Im lovin the stuff Im finding on this forum. I would love to start getting feedback on some of my newer projects so I know where I could use improvement.

Ive got a deadline for this flyer and I was wondering which of the two designs you guys prefer. I like the top one as it has more of a punk-rock vibe which matches the bands style... hmmmm oh the fun of design

Comment

That second one is way too difficult to read. The text pattern in the background has far too much contrast.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Yeah I agree, if I brought the opacity down on the grey letters it may work but I still think Im leaning towards the top design...

Comment

The second one induces some wicked vertigo for me.
          Definitely not working.
          I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

I do like the top one better. The style, while not all that original, is way more pleasing to the eye than the one on the bottom.

blog/portfolio

Comment

yeah the client specifically requested that punk rock style and showed me a picture of a lady with a tiger head. I tried to come up with something a little more original than that when putting it together and I was pretty pleased with the end result. Gotta match what the client wants Im sure they will love the top flyer I was just seeing if the gurus here had and constructive critisizsm for next time I get a project like this. I am loving this forum so far, you have all been great help.

The second one does make me dizzy and I cant figure out exactly whats wrong with it - maybe colors- type , all of the above possibly? What is it missing or does it just not work? The concept was fun but Im not happy with it...

Comment

The client approved the first design 10 min ago with a HUGE yes. Now all I need is more clients haha. Thanks for the feedback! Any ideas on how to improve the second design so I can possibly use it for their next event?

Comment

See my post #3.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                    See my post #3.
                    What do you mean by post #3?

Comment

In her 3rd post Virgo already mentioned ...

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                      That second one is way too difficult to read. The text pattern in the background has far too much contrast.
                      Which is why she said, see post #3.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

how would I offset the contrast? other than change the opacity... any ideas?

Comment

Whether it's through opacity or changing the color to closer match the background.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

good call, Im gunna try that.

Comment

I'm with you on the vertigo.
                              I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X