Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    ISitude
    Upstairs inside my head I class fonts in categories. In the Serif category I remember this face because of its pointy serif, and I remember its name mainly because the Ss look like a Boa Constrictor that...
    Today, 05:52 PM
  • ISitude
    Comment on Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    ISitude
    WELCOME!!
    Today, 05:41 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    KitchWitch
    Hi ejl and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 05:01 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    <b>
    I have a weird mental block when it comes to this typeface. Whenever I see it, I can never remember its name. Maybe it's because there's absolutely nothing about the face that seems even remotely ser...
    Today, 04:02 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    <b>
    I haven't heard the client's side of the story, but just taking what you've written at face value, you're dealing with a big-time deadbeat and a thief. Getting this person to voluntarily hand over payment...
    Today, 03:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Design—Before and After

I have a friend that is a 3D Animator and is currently on a quest for a new job. He asked me if I could help him revamp his resume, which turned into a logo redesign for him.

Before:

The brief:
    Keep the existing ("tech") look and feel of the current logo, update it and include a small splash of color.

After:

This one is pretty much completely. I am just posting to show and make sure that there are no glaring errors within it that I am over looking.

C&C is always welcome, as always!
    Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

In your after piece, I don't know if the JE and the name are flowing together visually. JE has curvy corners and Jordin Esinosa has sharp corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Markasin3 View Post
      In your after piece, I don't know if the JE and the name are flowing together visually. JE has curvy corners and Jordin Esinosa has sharp corners.
      i agree a small font change should deff get the tech feeling in the after peice

Comment

On the original piece all the lines went into the circles, not sure if that's important?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

work blocked the images, wish i could offer something. hopefully this will remind me later to view (at home).
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
            On the original piece all the lines went into the circles, not sure if that's important?
            Not really. He didn't seemed bothered by it.
            Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMRGTIVR6 View Post
              work blocked the images, wish i could offer something. hopefully this will remind me later to view (at home).
              lol

Comment

I like the symbol, has a circuit diagram feel to it, and a nice flow.
                Not a fan of the type though. I dont think using a condensed typeface works with the symbol. You say its already done and dusted but perhaps a more geometric typeface of a smaller weight would have worked better.

A big improvement over the old one though!

Comment

The JE is great. I really like that.
                  I think there might be a bit of a disconnect between the JE mark and the font in the name.
                  However it isn't crazy offensive to me... so if the client likes it I'd say it's acceptable.
                  I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated! *thumbs up*

Comment

The logo doesn't remind me of anything I would see for an animator. It more or less reminds me of a electrical engineer or the IT industry but not animator at all. The first thing that comes to mind is circuitry which is somewhat of a total disconnect for an animator. Your friend though is probably just happy it looks good and all it cost was some beer money,lol
                      Last edited by tZ; 02-03-2010, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tZ View Post
                        Your friend though is probably just happy it looks good and all it cost was some beer money, lol

Hence the lack of a font change at this point. Like I had said, it is what it is. I just want to make sure there were no hidden penis' or phallic symbols within it that I am not seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
                          I just want to make sure there were no hidden penis' or phallic symbols within it that I am not seeing.
                          Well if you squint real hard at the J

Comment

Like it but think the text should be smaller against the graphic, or maybe turn the text into a circuit on it's own.

Comment

The two Es are the same basic form, why not make the two Js basically the same?
                              When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X