Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• FredBouffard
    Reply to Law Firm Website Redesign
    FredBouffard
    Your website will always reflect the kind of business you offer so it is just in time that you update your client's website. I like the large header, but the text on the upper portion of it looks dated....
    Today, 01:29 AM
  • FredBouffard
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    FredBouffard
    Looks like a bull right but it needs a little bit of polishing and enhancements. Bulls have basically long, curved very pointed horns so you can work on that. And maybe fiercer eyes....
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • HotButton
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    HotButton
    "but I have always been led to believe that the degree isn't as important as talent/know-how in graphic design..."

Here, without a degree, it's not likely anyone will ever know...
    Yesterday, 08:51 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    misplacedVTer
    We don't even consider applications that don't list a degree where I work, though even people with degrees can have terrible portfolios. Out of probably 30 applicants from our most recent opening, maybe...
    Yesterday, 08:37 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Standards of Graphic Design
    Buda
    Honestly, if you are unsure, it's better to under design. People who are new to design have this tendency to put everything they can think of into a design. Design is just as much about culling and restraint....
    Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• livedesign logo

I am trying to start my own logo for my self as a designer. I chose the name live design. The double S is supposed to represent a heart and my initials SS.

What do you guys and gals think?
    Attached Files
    Please visit my portfolio at http://www.behance.net/stevenscottcreative

the heart s thing is cute. In my opinion the lowercase words are overused in logo design but it could work... hmmm the font doesn't stand out enough to me

Comment

try place "live" on top between the d and the top of the "i" ... just an idea

Comment

I quite like how it breaks it up a bit..

I thought the font was alright as it is smooth and crisp.
        Attached Files

Comment

like where its going- maybe the d can extend taller to make the l in live and make "ive" fit nicely

Comment

Maybe with a capital D and LIVE
            Attached Files

Comment

In these latest versions, the word "live" will be lost at small sizes (think pen or business card).

Personally, the spelling looks like a typo to me at first glance. It feels forced in my opinion. There are many, many self-proclaimed designers out there who can't spell the word "design" properly (I wish I were kidding) and it may be worth considering the fact that some people may view this as an error rather than as your intention and write you off.

Is it meant to be pronounced live design as in "I live in Canada" or live design as in "the site is now live"?
              "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

as a whole I like it better this way though now the heart looks like a puppy dog nose...live is a bit smallish now compared to design...though I prefer this to the original...still the font is a bit of a yawn. You need to stand out as a designer. You are what you eat...oh wait, you 'are' your logo...
                sigpickeep it simple or simply keep it

Comment

This mark also makes me wonder if you are affiliated with logodesignlove.com

Comment

it is supposed to be live as in this logo lives.

Maybe it would be better without the words?

Comment

-edited-
                      Last edited by Abe_PixlPerfect; 02-02-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Abe, please have a look over the forum rules.

Originally posted by Welcome and Forum Rules
                        Do not take someone else's work that has been posted for critique and "redo" it for them. We encourage members to offer suggestions to improve a piece, and if the point that you are trying to make is difficult to explain a quick sketch might help to illustrate your point, but posting your own "alternate" design is not going to help another member learn anything. Even if your intention was to be helpful, the original poster may be offended that you did the work "for" them. Sharing your thoughts in your own words allows the original poster to interpret your ideas according to their own style and tastes and the work remains their own creation.

Comment

i think that the d looks a bit awkward on the example, and i agree with morea strongly about not redoing my work.

Comment

Originally posted by morea View Post
                            Abe, please have a look over the forum rules.
                            I fixed it, I apologize

Comment

Originally posted by sscottcreative View Post
                              i think that the d looks a bit awkward on the example, and i agree with morea strongly about not redoing my work.
                              I am sorry about that last post, my apologies- I am new to the thread and I clearly forgot that forum rule. Never again-

Its looking good but Im still not sure about the font

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X