Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capstone project name

Hi all

I am new to this forum and am a senior in college w/ a graphic design degree. So here is my problem. I am doing a final capstone project and have picked to do a wine and cheese store with signage and wine/cheese labels, tasting menu etc. I need a name for the store. Here is what I have come up with:

Prestige
    The kings court
    The court jester
    BlackJacq (Jaq)

Personally I like the idea of 'the court jester' b/c I have some interesting ideas on what to do within the logo using the jester but I wanted some feedback from other people concerning the name!

Thanks for any feedback!

What kind of a target market are you after?

I've seen a lot of gourmet food places pop up and the trend tends to be towards short names. Maybe there's something snappy and punchy that appeals to a younger market? You could still use all the cool jester imagery you want with a name like Jest.

For example, I just went to a gourmet food store tonight called Nosh. Love that place. I spend too much money on fine foods...
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

As this is primarily for wine and cheese, why not work in some French? Probably the most famous country for those two products!

Here in Bulgaria we have a gourmet food and wine shop called Dons des Dieux (Gifts of the Gods)!

Comment

Jest is a cool name. I think it'd work better as a wine/cheese bar.

If it's a wine and cheese store and you aren't naming it after yourself, then a food or wine reference in the name is a good idea. Give people a sense of what the shop sells just by the name. This isn't a hard'n'fast rule, of course, but a new store has to interest people in even stopping by.

A couple of funny store name versus what they sell here in Houston:

Stein Mart - clothing store

Spec's - liquor store

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X