Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Today, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Today, 07:25 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    <b>
    I think a lot depends on what one's definition of a logo might be. Many beginners and amateurs tend to make logos that are really just small, complicated illustrations. Most professionals, on the other...
    Today, 06:47 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to RIP: The Necrology Thread
    Cosmo
    Man. It hasn't been a good year.

RIP Jack Bruce - http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2014/10...am-jack-bruce/

As a bass player, Jack was a huge influence on me.
    Today, 06:04 PM
  • Chromez
    Created Logo in PS, question about file
    Chromez
    Hello everyone,

So i created a logo for a friend of mine in Photoshop. I needed to add a lot of text effects which i'm more comfortable in compared to Illustrator (which i only know the basic...
    Today, 05:45 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website... Could really use professional critique...

Hi there! I'm new here.

I'm launching a clothing brand and just launched a splash page for my website.

I want it simple. Just a logo and background.
    Can you guys offer some tips to improve the overall aesthetic?

WEBSITE
    http://www.lovemoneyclothing.com/

Thanks so much.
    -oli

Why do you want a splash page for your site?
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

I wondered the same thing. I've heard over and over again that users hate them.

You might want to have a look over this article: Splash Pages: Do We Really Need Them?
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

The website isn't ready, but we're doing a sticker campaign and we want SOMETHING online for people to see.

Any help concerning the page itself? I can't help but feel it doesn't look right aesthetically.

Comment

If I was given a link to this website and I went to the trouble of typing in the url and loading the page only to see nothing but a splash page, I would never go back.

As for aesthetics, it's a logo centered on a page. Are you asking for a critique of the logo?

Comment

It looks fine but ultimately it's pointless. What value does anyone get from going there and how will it help your business?
            When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback.
              Do you suggest we take it down and have nothing? Our stickers are already all over Boston, Houston, and Atlanta. We have investors and this looks to be a huge brand down the line.

On the splash page itself, any design critiques?

Comment

Originally posted by pinksta View Post
                It looks fine but ultimately it's pointless. What value does anyone get from going there and how will it help your business?
                Slow hype build.
                We've been in close talks with the Bathing Ape people who said a slow rollout like this builds hype and helps the brand.

Comment

People have a lot of things that they want to do and a limited amount of time to do these things.

Honestly, if you're making the potential customer take the time to go to the page and there's nothing to see there, you're wasting their time. Most people don't appreciate that, and it can be a huge turn off.

I don't see any point in spending money to market the brand until there is something for people to see.

Comment

You should at least have "Coming Soon" or something on the page.
                    Also the logo being linked direct to email if you click on it is annoying.
                    Make that a different link that says "email us" or something so that users know what is going on.

You have marketed something that doesn't even exist!!?!? And put stickers up around cities?
                    Sorry but that works for companies like Apple maybe to generate hype, but you have to have something to show people to get hype.
                    I have no clue what your company is selling from the current info.
                    Love Money Clothing... (and clothing isn't even in the logo!)
                    So you are selling me clothing that makes me love money. Or will give me love and money like a tree. Or is hippie capitalist clothing?

Comment

I really do appreciate the advice. I'm going to talk to our board and see about other solutions. Other clothing lines and video games have done slow, hype building rollouts. Would a message on the site help? Like "Brand launches xx.xx.xxx"?

Regardless, the site is up at least until the end of the week. Any suggestions on how I can change the aesthetic?

Comment

I will put up a launch date soon.
                        And we'll be reevaluating the page at our meeting this weekend.

But the page itself. Is the background the right color? Should it be centered vertically?
                        Should our slogan "money follows love." be below the logo?

Comment

The page should at least mention clothing if that is what you are selling.
                          Right now the only indication of clothing is in the URL.

Comment

So maybe "Streetwear Brand launches xx.xx.xxxx"?

And please, I really want some aesthetic feedback on the site itself if you guys can.
                            Is the background the right color? Should it be centered vertically?
                            Should our slogan "money follows love." be below the logo?

Comment

Yes your tag for that would be fine.

I think the other questions you are asking depend on what your brand looks like overall.
                              Your stickers that were put out must have a style association so maybe look at them and make your decisions from there.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X