Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to New Firefox Developer Edition
    skribe
    I still using both actually. I think Chrome's responsive and mobile views/tools are nicer than Firefox, and since I have taken to using Brackets text editor for doing a lot of my development work, I end...
    Today, 12:02 PM
  • skribe
    Reply to New Firefox Developer Edition
    skribe
    Welcome abivillanueva!

As you are a new member please take a few minutes and read though our rules and guidelines for new members. The following links should get you up to speed.
    Today, 11:58 AM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to Anyone else only have a diplomaÂż?
    StudioMonkey
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Frodo. Don't give up - your skills are valuable. Maybe you need to look at a different job title than Graphic Designer. Studio artworker, Mac operator, etc. all...
    Today, 11:50 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Create neural looking network in Illustrator
    ChrisDudley
    I would recommend drawing it by hand, scanning in and tracing it if you're looking to create something that actually looks like a neural network. There's no setting in Illustrator that's going to take...
    Today, 10:03 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    ChrisDudley
    I think this is a case of having settled too early in the design process. I do like the idea - breathing life into old designs. I think that has legs. But I don't love the execution particularly, specifically...
    Today, 09:56 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information graphic quick brief opinions

hi all i just wanted to add something quickly, we had a project to do to show how we get from home to college in a information graphic style, only had about a week to do it and its due monday, this is my attempt.

i respect non of you will know the area etc but i just wanted to do it in a crazy map style, pretty accurate mind you...going to print it as a a2 poster

its attached as full scale but im not sure if it will be scaled down when attaching

thanks

ps
    i have just previewed the post and it looks like its been scaled right down, i thought you might be able to click it and it opened full scale. if you look hard enough you can see a red line from my house to college, i will probably add a bit of typo saying follow the little red line or something

thanks again
    Attached Files
    Day man
    Fighter of the Night man
    Champion of the sun
    You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
    Day man, day man
    Uhh ahhahh

haha well i se this is popular???

just a couple of comments would do haha
    Day man
    Fighter of the Night man
    Champion of the sun
    Day man, day man
    Uhh ahhahh

Comment

I had a quick look at it earlier and didn't get a good chance to scrutinise it. I'm still thiking about it, I assume others are too. Give it a chance, it is the weekend

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

how get ol college & back...

nuf' said
        Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

i keep wanting to look at it like this:

but then it looks like a robot falling to bits
          Actively cultivating the elegance of earned self-togetherness

Comment

Okayyy, how do you get to college???

Maybe some different color to show a path coming from the main roads, Tube, etc..

Okayyy after a second long look I found it. A poster should be instantly readable (remember, its a P-O-S-T-E-R, to be seen from a somewhat a distance).

Comment

Put how to get there on one side on how to get back on the other.

Comment

You've obviously put a huge amount of effort into this. And that is appreciated. The graphics are nice, I like how you extended roads to be text, it's all very nice.

But, you getting to college and back, that's not information for the masses. Just information for you. Nobody else really needs that information.

But you have a map now, so you can include tains, trams, busses, taxis, etc.

Make your college the central point. Have everything converge on that.

I mean it though, kudos on the effort into the graphics, I really like it, but as an infographic it's not really appealing at the moment. It's good but it needs refinement and it needs to give the public the information where the college is. Because at the moment not too many people really mind how you get to college but would like to know how they could get there.

Comment

finally some good bordering on harsh crits i know this forum can supply, the how i get to college section isn't meant to be obvious as its supposed to look like roads on a map looking down but noted and i see i have went a bit overboard here, i was on about hour 5 when i got to that section, will defo look at it again.........

thanks and any other pointers would be welcome
                  Day man
                  Fighter of the Night man
                  Champion of the sun
                  Day man, day man
                  Uhh ahhahh

Comment

hi tyson, thanks... the further i went with it the more i found i could add but again i have to remember what is being asked for this, sorry i dont think i stated it....i believe i have went a little overboard here as its meant to be a intro project into info grapichs - a simple how do you get to college in the morning...i mean my own personal route each day, everyone is doing there own ideas and routes etc....i found as i went on with it i wanted to do exactly like your suggesting though.

im just wondering without doing to much re-working if there is a better way to show my route rather than a red line or something of the likes. a fresh look at it tomorrow should help but thanks again your comments have helped, more welcome again and sorry but im typing in the dark haha

Day man
                    Fighter of the Night man
                    Champion of the sun
                    Day man, day man
                    Uhh ahhahh

Comment

Well to be honest after I posted I thought perhaps it was just about how you got to college. And then I was going to suggest that you include things like,

Trains
                      Trams
                      Taxis
                      Busses
                      Car
                      Bicycle
                      Hand Gliders
                      water/boat/Jet Skis
                      Airports

and many other modes of transport.

Like a tall building near your college you could hand glide from or a short walk to the river and a boat.

That would be more information into a graphic and demonstate your ability to show different information.

It's a good start though.

To be honest I can't even see the route you're taking in the map you've posted.

Comment

love you Michael Scott quote btw - legend!
                        Day man
                        Fighter of the Night man
                        Champion of the sun
                        Day man, day man
                        Uhh ahhahh

Comment

I love the American Office, have you seen the original British Office with Ricky Gervais. I'm a huge fan of his. Steve Carelll is amazing in the American Office btw. I love watching it. Park Whoar episode was hysterical.

Comment

yeah i love both
                            uk and amerrican office
                            curb your enthusiasm
                            always sunny in Philadelphia
                            peep show - uk show check 4od

all my favourites

thanks for the advice tho and its annoying as i'd like to get this posted full size so you could see the direction...maybe try with photobucket tomorrow - again sorry typo in the dark
                            Day man
                            Fighter of the Night man
                            Champion of the sun
                            Day man, day man
                            Uhh ahhahh

Comment

a bigger picture

just going to do a little work on this but just thought i would post via photobucket so you can get a bigger image - still not full size but its slightly better and you can (probably) see the red line direction now

thanks again for all your comments
                              Day man
                              Fighter of the Night man
                              Champion of the sun
                              Day man, day man
                              Uhh ahhahh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X