Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• cdgc
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    That's one of the problems, PrintDriver. I can't prevent that.

I've been thinking all along that a quantity discount is appropriate, but I'm not sure how much. That's what I hate about...
    Today, 07:00 AM
  • Juniberry
    Reply to Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    I should also mention that a theme that supports the visual composer would be excellent....
    Today, 05:54 AM
  • Juniberry
    Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    Howdy-doody fellas and bellas, I'm just after some quick advice from those of you out there with plenty of experience choosing and working with WP themes.

Attached is a template/guide to...
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    the business is online. print-wise, the smallest it will ever get is a business card.
    Today, 03:53 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Adobe Illustrator piece, comments appreciated.

I've just started learning Adobe Illustrator, and thought the type tool would be the first thing I'd learn, so here is my first piece of work in Illustrator. What do you think?

http://www.sydneyharbour.seanstuckey.com/

Welcome to the forum georgedoors. I deleted your duplicate post. Everyone's first few posts are moderated.

Please read these important threads posted here. They will explain a lot about how the forum runs, from the rules and regulations to frequently discussed topics to the background on some of our lingo and inside jokes.

I hope you enjoy yourself!
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

did you use 1,000 words?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
        did you use 1,000 words?
        I don't know, I didn't count, I never thought anyone would seriously try and count, my main aim was just to take the old saying and turn it into a somewhat literal meaning, whilst giving me the chance to learn Illustrator, and integrate perspective with words.

I posted this on another forum, what member said, I should change the words into something more meaningful, have a good think about the font, and consider foreground and background colour.

I'm looking to build my portfolio up with bits of work like this, along with web design work.

I'd appreciate any other thoughts you may have on this.

Thank You.

Comment

I'm a bit confused about what the bottom part under the bridge is, as well as the oval shape on the bottom right.

Comment

I like it, it's executed well.

One minor quibble:

You need an elipsis at the end of "A picture is worth"

You have five dots/periods. Which is wrong.

An elipsis is an actual piece of punctuation. You can either use the glyph () or some designers prefer using three periods. (No more, no less)
            Knowing use of punctuation is important for a designer.
            Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

I like it, neat concept! Just one thing, when I first looked at it I didn't immediately notice the tagline in the upper right, and wondered why you'd drawn the Sydney harbor bridge using the word "swords."

Comment

I think it's a clever concept. But I did notice the same thing about perhaps mistaking "words" for "sword." I did, however, see the "A picture is worth a thousand. . ." before that, so I got it on the first try then thought someone else could see "sword."

The buildings in the background are less distinct. Nothing in the background really says "Australia" to me. The shapes really don't look much like buildings, either. I just assume they are because that's what someone would expect.

Comment

it'd be a lot cooler if it actually used 1,000 "word"s since you are using word as the text. other than that it's just so text put to paths which isn't very interesting IMO.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I like it, you've got me thinking of the first thing i did in illustrator,hmmm.

Try and clean up the bottom right corner, elipsis & horizontal overlapping words.
                    if your goin to be a monkey, be a MotherF#*ken Gorilla.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X