Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Help with this mural - have I got the angle right? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help with this mural - have I got the angle right?

    I don't know if it's because I haven't got good spacial awareness, I don't think I have, but I can't really work out what's wrong in this picture I'm making.

    I know the perspective seems to be from down to up, so maybe my people I've placed in the scene, should I distort them a little?

    Not sure what's going on with it but I know something perspective wise is amiss. Any comments greatly appreciated.

    **not finished yet btw, I have lot more people and trees to add!
    My portfolio.

  • #2
    I don't see the image.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry, trying top upload it now, can't remember my domains logon details
      My portfolio.

      Comment


      • #4
        My portfolio.

        Comment


        • #5
          so this is just a mock up and then you are going to paint this?

          "There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

          This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

          there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

          Comment


          • #6
            No this is the design and it has to be printed out on vinyl. I amn't finished it yet though.
            My portfolio.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't know where to begin to be honest.

              The people are out of perspective and 'plonked on', the background is far too realistic to just drop a few 'fake' trees on the foreground (of varying complexity) and as for the psychedelic tree on the right ... is this supposed to carry a message or mean something?

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, its for a university's Digital Media department. The concept is "grow" and each tree represents a different student's idea about what digital media is to them (I am incorporating 3D, animation, typography, programming eventually). The trees aren't supposed to look realistic. But I do want everything to be in perspective a looking like they fit.
                My portfolio.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You can SOooooo tell the guy was sitting at a desk and you lobbed the lower half of his body off to make it appear as though he is laying on his stomach.
                  Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
                    You can SOooooo tell the guy was sitting at a desk and you lobbed the lower half of his body off to make it appear as though he is laying on his stomach.
                    Haha I know. I'm not actually using that guy, it's just to give me an idea of where to put people, what sizes to make them in perspective etc etc.
                    My portfolio.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i like it lol its rly trippy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Do you think you could post a mock-up with the people (images) you are using, in the places they should be with the type in place then maybe we can help?

                        If every suggestion we give is a kind of 'I'm not actually using that image' response, makes life real difficult for us.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bulgariacalling View Post
                          Do you think you could post a mock-up with the people (images) you are using, in the places they should be with the type in place then maybe we can help?

                          If every suggestion we give is a kind of 'I'm not actually using that image' response, makes life real difficult for us.
                          Sorry, I didn't think.

                          I'm really wanting to just focus on the girl at the right at the moment. I know she's not right, but how do I fix her? Or do you think it's more a problem with the background like it's showing the landscape at a difficult angle to place people on realistically?
                          My portfolio.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            how long have you been doing stuff like this? if this is for the digital media department it should be good and show off what the department is all about. this looks very amateurish to be honest. it would not make me want to be a part of this department and will probably get the department clowned on. i would recommend letting someone with more experience do this or go with a more simple idea, it's going to be very hard to pull this off convincingly otherwise.

                            "There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

                            This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

                            there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Typically View Post
                              how long have you been doing stuff like this? if this is for the digital media department it should be good and show off what the department is all about. this looks very amateurish to be honest. it would not make me want to be a part of this department and will probably get the department clowned on. i would recommend letting someone with more experience do this or go with a more simple idea, it's going to be very hard to pull this off convincingly otherwise.
                              Oh.

                              It's a project for uni. I'm a second year student.
                              My portfolio.

                              Comment

                               
                              home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X