Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo critique and suggestion.

Hi, all you here in GDF
    I have created this logo an upcoming game, "The Art of Cricket"
    but the owner said that it's bounce and ball trail give a look of ICC( International cricket captain), so please suggest me some changes so I can get it better also tell me which one is better in these versions.

V1:

VII:

VIII:

Here is ICC image:

Waiting for your comments and suggestions.

I'd suggest not using the bouncing ball at all. However you use it, it will be too reminiscent of that logo and that's something you don't want. The player is also way too detailed for a logo.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Thanks for replying first, actually without bouncing ball logo looks bit empty as it's for a upcoming game.
      I will try to reduce detailing as you said, thanks again.

Comment

I agree with Virgo that the Batsman is way too detailed - I'd consider losing the darker green strokes, and just opt for a one colour silhouette. I'm also not entirely fond of the placing of the character behind the letter 'C' - it creates a weird shape to his leg, and also the clear stroke around that letter is not consitant in weight.

Be aware that Version 1 reads 'Cricket The Art Of'.

Nothing wrong with illusrating a bouncing ball, but in this case, it looks exactly the same as the ICC image, so you really will want to re-think that.

Comment

Where did you get the image of the cricketer?
          There are potential copyright issues there.

I think you could have chosen a much nicer font. The one you have looks dated and boring.

Comment

Thanks for comments,would you please suggest some font names that will suit more.
            Yeah V1 was just check the look of logo.
            Also suggest me what should I draw except bouncing ball to fill that area.

Comment

You need to come up with the ideas and the fonts and we'll critique them. Sorry if that is harsh but most here are working designers that have to do their own thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                You need to come up with the ideas and the fonts and we'll critique them. Sorry if that is harsh but most here are working designers that have to do their own thinking.
                Agreed. Was trying to think of a polite way of phrasing that myself.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X