Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• megoggsc
    Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    This is something fun I did to remember my trip to Portland!...
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Howdy from Texas!
    Buda
    What is the project and what is the product? Most companies protect their copyright quite vigourously. Even if you don't get caught, there's always a chance.

Could your project be considered...
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    I prefer the first design concept, it just needs a bit more style to get it looking less generic.

This one's wings look like deformed human hands.
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Need advice for creating a label
    ISitude
    The label kind of confuses me ...although that's mot hard to do.

Does honey come from berries?
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    If you type in "bird book logo" you'll get lots of similar looking logos.
    Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give me feedback on my logo draft

This logo is for a web design/development company, and this is the first draft. Comments and feedback godo or bad welcome. Thanks!

http://tinyurl.com/y9zshmq <- moderator edit: pdf warning
    Last edited by morea; 02-10-2010, 10:22 PM.

Can you post a picture in the thread, rather than a tinyurl that I have no idea where it's going?

Comment

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9035/logoelr.png

Comment

Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

First thing I noticed was the fact you have decapitated the "t"... it seems odd as I now read it as isle "crealive" or even "creajive". It's made odder by the fact the letter "l" managed to keep its head.

Comment

you're also going to want to watch your areas of negative space. as you reduce your logo, they'll block up or worse, end up looking like part of the letter. specifically, the line under the curve of the "a", the space where the curve of the "a" meets the "e" (on the top and bottom), and that space in between the "i" and "s". have you tried it eliminating those pieces? worth a shot just to see.
            Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Some of the places where the strokes meet with the other letters are weird, like on the bottom of the "c" and "t" and the top of the "v"

Comment

It doesn't really say creative. What's the thought behind the outline thingy? And the random Ladies' hat thingy? Why crop the t if the L isn't, and then have the hat thingy aswell? I dunno, it's all a bit random.

Comment

I saw Creative right away. The OP is shooting for a clean straight line across the "tiv" of creative.

The word Isle seems to be working a lot better than the creative and I think it's mostly because of the color combination. The two aquas work together but the darker blue you have chosen has too much magenta in it and it clashes (at least on my work monitor). You might want to check a dark blue more on the cyan side.

fill the center of the A in creative.

Rethink your attachment of the "c" to the "r", the "a" and the "t", and the "v" and the "e" in creative. Just because the program puts the outline there doesn't mean it's correct or you can't do anything about it.

Comment

Ive made two variations, maybe better or not, thought it might look better if its simplified.
                    Attached Files

Comment

gah! my eyes.

Top = boring
                      bottom = why?

Both of them now really bring out the missing top to the T.

I guess now would be the time to ask what exactly this is for, who the target audience is, and all that good stuff. I see you said web design/development... So?

Comment

Hmmm.
                        Not much to add.

I think you need to brainstorm.

Why "Isle"?

is it in reference to actual geography?
                        Does the Isle have a distinctive shape?
                        Anything unique about the Isle?

(I am aware that these avenues might be cliché, but we need to get something going here)
                        Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

I don't understand the cutoff 't' in creative... just looks awkward and at a smaller size could look like a variety of other letters. Can you post your reasoning behind choosing this design?

For a logo with the word 'creative', I think it should be a bit more... creative. Do some more sketches to try and come up with something that works a bit better.

Comment

I like the second, colored version of the logo. It would have been innovative in the eighties. Right now rainbow colors in a logo are a little overstretched.

Though this is not your workfield: I think "IsleCreative" is not a good choice of name for a web design company at all. Associations to Isle: insular, seperate, lonesome but tropical, paradisiac and dreamy. No web in there.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                            Working...
                            X