Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• timmyjay
    Reply to My New Website
    timmyjay
    Your website, t-zen and ruiiur look like they are all built from a single template
    Today, 09:25 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    Buda
    Surely this must be purposefully fugly to prove a point? I think it's a comment on Apple's branding.
    Today, 04:45 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello all!
    Buda
    My advice on designing a flyer:
    • Don't pack too much content into the design – 1 or 2 photos is enough, don't write a novel
    • Make your contact details and purpose of the flyer clear
    • Work at the
    Today, 04:40 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to how to prepare a portfoilio?????
    Buda
    How many design pieces do you actually have? Do you have enough good stuff to put together a portfolio and what do you need a portfolio for? Is it for applying for jobs? For applying to a design course?...
    Today, 04:37 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on Graphic Design Virgin Needs Help: Rough Ideas for Videography/Illustration Business
    Buda
    People who commission illustrators want to see you are experienced at what you do. Magazine covers for example is very niche. You probably not going to get the phone calls you are expecting unless you...
    Today, 04:31 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Feedback

This is a concept Idea for a fashion forecasting company. Each block represents a season; since they predict fashion trends seasonally.

All feedback is welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by lowfatgraphics; 02-11-2010, 05:45 PM.

Will the colors of the blocks change with each season? They only say "autumn" to me now. Doesn't look very "fashion" to me either, feels far too conservative, like a finance company.

You've told us what the company does, but what kind of company are they? Television network? Magazine publisher? Business consultants?

blog/portfolio

Comment

i'm not getting four seasons from it, unless all four season are summer. those colors are too warm to represent Anything other than a warm time of year.

also, i'm a little bugged by the fact the four segments are different sizes. did you try making them all the same width as the largest one, the W? you might be able to find a font with characters that fill up a wider space better than the one you have now.

just my .02.
      Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Your right, I need to pick a more seasonal color's. This is very summery. I'll look around.

WGSN is very conservative, they don't want to show style or compete with the trends they are showing. Also they just don't want to be considered clothing fashions, but fashions such automotive, gadgets. etc. They have clients such as Honda to Nike.

Here is they're current logo

Comment

Originally posted by mojoprime View Post
          i'm not getting four seasons from it, unless all four season are summer. those colors are too warm to represent Anything other than a warm time of year.

also, i'm a little bugged by the fact the four segments are different sizes. did you try making them all the same width as the largest one, the W? you might be able to find a font with characters that fill up a wider space better than the one you have now.

just my .02.
          The difference in widths among the blocks also bothered me. It just looked awkward.

This design just screamed "magazine" or "television network" to me. I would have never guessed fashion or style.

Comment

It reminds me a bit of the Society for Environmental Graphic Design logo.

There's a design forum thread for it here too, which might give you a few ideas, considering they're along the same lines.

I quite like your logo. It's not trying too hard with a overcomplicated themes and ambiguity. It's just nice and simple, which i think is an appropriate blank canvas where typically fashion lets the clothes do the talking. I know that's what you were aiming for and i think you've nailed that part.

The space given to each letter doesn't seem consistent; the S appears to be closer to the edge than the others, esp as this font (century gothic?) has a comparitively narrow S anyway. Maybe a change of font, this one isn't quite working for me, it's a little too 'broadcasting' or something. Definitely a sans serif is working, close to what you have, but just maybe not this one.

Comment

Both your design and their current logo says "television station" to me, but that's probably just my bias.

Something feels a little off - maybe your design is a little top-heavy? It does fit in the conservative requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Totem-Media View Post
                Both your design and their current logo says "television station" to me, but that's probably just my bias.
                That's exactly the feeling I get from both of them as well.

Comment

Yeh got that vibe too - but more 1970s TV?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

or radio call letters... WNNNNNNNNNNNNBC

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I do like the logo. It has a very vintage flair which I love! I disagree with those who don't like the varying sized boxes. They look great! Very organic and free moving, which is what fashion is supposed to be.

My suggestion: fix the kerning to begin with. Then plop in the differently sized boxes.

Comment

Hey Thanks guys. This logo is getting to many mixed reviews. Thank you for your honest feed back. I'm going to trash it and start again. lol

Comment

Can't wait to see your next design!

Comment

Yeah.. for some reason I want to go home and watch WKRP in Cincinnati.
                            Good ole Herb...
                            match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X