Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Crit

I need a logo for business card printing tomorrow (short notice I know!), and could do with some criticism for them.

There is one that stand out to me, but I'll see if anyone else see's that particular one.

My old logo is this:

However I am contemplating using a "business" name rather than my own name, 165 studios, as I dislike using the word "Design" in my logo because it's not part of my name. I'm not sure whether this is the way to go or not yet.

Any criticism is appreciated!

Cheers!

I think that your old logo is stronger and more appealing than any of these new ones.

A few of the new ones look like you're working a dollar sign into your logo, which gives it the smarmy feel of a get rich quick scheme.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

My initial thought is that none of the 8 options adequately read as 165 Studios. The 1st option is cleanest, but it definitely reads as 165 tudios.

Why the force need to make the 5 and the S work together. Why not leave them separate?

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by morea View Post
        I think that your old logo is stronger and more appealing than any of these new ones.

A few of the new ones look like you're working a dollar sign into your logo, which gives it the smarmy feel of a get rich quick scheme.
        I never saw that! Kind of puts me off them a little. I did think number 6 was the better one out of them all.

@Craig B;
        I was trying a play on the word and letter, it come's from "5" representing an "S" that people often do, an example being car number plates.

Comment

Perhaps if you could find a way to merge the two shapes better (may have to use a different font so the middle stroke of the '5' and 'S' shapes line up more).

blog/portfolio

Comment

Oh, I understand the "leet"-ness of 5's being substituted for the letter s, but why are you forcing it? It seems unnecessary and it seems like you're doing it just to be "cute" instead of doing it for a reason.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

It was just an idea, quite liked it at first, but there is no "real" reason why.

I've made some alterations below;

Number 12 doesn't work at all for me, but no harm in showing it anyway. I think 10 and 11 have a less forced feel that Craig was talking about and number 9 I have made the 5 and the S line up, as mentioned by Vergo.

Any opinions on these?

Cheers

Comment

10 is probably the best of the options here.
                I'm not sure it's brilliant. but it mostly works.
                I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

I really don't think this concept will work. If I HAD to pick one of them, it would be either #9 or #10. I might rethink the design, personally. But to each his own

Comment

i agree with mo. #10 is the best of this new lot, but your original was pretty solid.
                    Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by mervman View Post
                      I really don't think this concept will work. If I HAD to pick one of them, it would be either #9 or #10. I might rethink the design, personally. But to each his own
                      I do agree with you. I have one more to show, and if they don't have potential, I can resort to keeping my previous logo, or just use my name on my business card, so the logo can change if I want too.

Here it is:

It's all the same one, just various colours and a B&W version.

Any thoughts on this one?

Comment

I pick #2 from the first post.

Comment

Right, last one, new font after hours of hunting for some new fonts! B&W, grey, and colour variations:

The 5 and the S fit perfectly in half, so no forcing, and it doesn't feel as forced as the other font, which was edited a fair bit to align.

I actually like this one a lot. Any opinions on this one?

For the business card, I think I'll have the 165 a colour, and the Studios will be black with a UV varnish.

Comment

The newest versions are your best yet, and are the most readable.

Comment

I think you've done pretty well. IMHO it seems just a tiny bit too boring for a designer's logo, but it's neat and balanced and not ugly - It's not a bad logo, just lacks a bit of flair.

The s on the end looks like it should be a bit closer to the o.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X