Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First ever vector

My first ever illustrated vector though trace from a logo.
    but 100% vector

I am really happy with it.
    whats your comments?

good job for your first ever vector ...

well done

Comment

Cool, I remember doing this kind of stuff in class. Now see if you could do it without tracing. Muahahaha.

Comment

What did you trace? A drawing?

Comment

Good work! But I do not believe you: This is your first traced vector? You must be kidding!

Comment

If you traced someone else's vector, then I can't really say anything except... why bother?
            http://martyng.com

Comment

We had to trace Captain America one day as an exercise in using everything we'd learned in illustrator to make a vector drawing. I was very proud of the way mine turned out.

So I understand the OPs pride in creating their first vector from the tools they've learned to use in the software.

But it is a trace, so really nothing to critique.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

yeah same i had to trace a space alien, good exercise to get you used to the tools

i like it, try and trace something with not so many straight lines. good good
                Day man
                Fighter of the Night man
                Champion of the sun
                You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
                Day man, day man
                Uhh ahhahh

Comment

yup this trace was just done as an exercise. I am still try to learn myself Illustrator

Comment

Show me the outline view.
                    This is technically similar to a logo. I'd be curious what your outline looks like and maybe we can give you some pointers on taking the tracing one step further in the production scheme.

Tracing for exercise is good. I think we all pretty much learned that way.

Comment

^^^^ I'm with PD on this one. Your image looks good, but the people around here can make you better. Of course, that's why we're all here...to keep pushing each other.
                      "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

straight lines are easy! do something with some curves. really learn that pen tool!!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

We had to trace the Offspring logo (see below) in school to practice using the pen/bezier tools. It was as good exercise to get you used to drawing curves.

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                          | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                          | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

hey here is a one of the first exercises we got
                            Attached Files
                            Day man
                            Fighter of the Night man
                            Champion of the sun
                            You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
                            Day man, day man
                            Uhh ahhahh

Comment

Thanks guys, I am very keen to learn Illustrator.
                              Please suggest me some good tutorials and help files.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X