X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mEAT logo

Ok so a friend of mine is starting a mobile BBQ company and needed a logo, the company name is mEAT and I just wondered what you thought of the logo? (hopefully its attached!!)
    Attached Files

Looks kind of poopy when reduced in size, ay?
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Who eats meat with a spoon?

I think the mEAT is fine by itself. The cutlery at the moment looks too cliparty.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

a bit plain. not feeling any BBQ warmth from it.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

who eats BBQ with utensils??? my hands do all the working when i'm eating BBQ.

as for the logo it's not going to work at a smaller size. think how its going to look on a business card. your font choice is kinda blah IMO, I'd go with something heavier since BBQ isn't diet food.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Agreed. I think it would look better if it were more "meaty," as in bulky or strong.

Comment

go for creating an 'M' out of three x skewered kebabs ... that would be a bit meatier!

Comment

Do you live in a BBQ-rich area? I'm sure there are lots of samples of BBQ places around to check out. I'm not saying copy or do anything cliche, but in TX, BBQ means rich, meaty, western, family, pride, full, outdoors, spicy, flavor, hands (like Typically said), etc.

Is mEAT a high-end mobile BBQ company?

Comment

That font choice is pretty boring. Plus as already mentioned, the utensils look very much like clip art. I do not get a BBQ vibe from it at all and living in the South I see BBQ logos just about everyday.

Comment

The whole thing is pretty boring. Especially compared to what the BBQs around here have for logos. They are almost old-style-logo-complex in their colors and their layers.
                    But that's the way of things these days. The more boring the better.
                    <yawn>

Comment

my little brainstorms:
                      I see a little short fat knife, handle to the left, blade to the Rt. A funky font for the M, on the handle, and eat on the blade.

OR, have a fork pulling away the ends of the E, like how a fork pulls tender meat apart...

Or, the E is the fork?

Maybe a napkin would be a good image since BBQ is so messy?

Comment

Toss the spoon.

Use the fork and the knife to form an x under mEAT. Kinda like a skull and cross bones.

A little bit humour is captivating and memorable too.

Comment

Turn that fork the other way, dump the knife and the spoon as already suggested and stab something!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X