Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• MalcolmTheCat
    Reply to Cafe Logo
    MalcolmTheCat
    I updated the design to hopefully remove the...unwanted imagery people see, (Istill don't,) and to make the 3 cups aspect of it clearer. I dropped the directional arrow and removed the name (that still...
    Today, 06:08 PM
  • MalcolmTheCat
    Comment on Cafe Logo
    MalcolmTheCat
    Seamas, I didn't get to see the Tesco thing, but, since I live in the US, that's not really a surprise. It does make you wonder how things like that get through. I used to work at a competitor, Sainsbury's....
    Today, 05:51 PM
  • MalcolmTheCat
    Comment on Cafe Logo
    MalcolmTheCat
    I know the owners.
    Today, 05:47 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Logo critique
    seamas
    Though I am not personally offended by mocking religion or religious figures, your client is a dumbass if they want to use such mockery as a business name.

But as a person...
    Today, 05:43 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Final Art Disclaimer
    kemingMatters
    Pay a lawyer to either review yours or write one up for you.
    Today, 05:40 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticker design for event

Hi all,

Our shop will be helping support a really BIG upcoming motorcycle race, and I want to have some stickers made up to hand out. I would appreciate a few thoughts before I bring something to management.

The pinwheel design and the "Sun" text are our store's logo ... pretty much set in stone. The rest of it is what I'm working on to reflect the race. it's an international event held in a different country every year.

The second one is easier to read and brings out your logo better.

Comment

Fixed text below ... that was bothering me.

Comment

i like this as well, i would use a flag that had at least a little bit of movement in it & would increase the size of the black stroke around it (maybe even switch it to the same blue as in the flag)
        Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Hmm ... not sure I think you can see enough of it to tell that it is waving?

Comment

I would get rid of the strokes all together.
            "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
            -Steve Jobs

Comment

On the pinwheel? I looked at it that way, but you really lose the white part of the flag behind it.

Comment

Wow, I hope you guys aren't serious...
                Where to even begin...I believe the logo in #1 isn't bad. I don't know why you decided to add an american flag and yellow to it..it makes me want to puke. If I got one of these, I would throw it out right away. This is a sticker, you must keep in mind that you want people to use it.

Comment

I just read my comment and I apologize if it seems harsh. But here's some more suggestion.

When I saw your second version, I thought, "why is there a random wheel on the side?" Also, your flag is low quality, it might not print well. Again, you want people to use this sticker so it must be aesthetically pleasing. If this is a big event, people might receive stickers from other companies as well, what makes yours stand out?

Right now, everything is too dominant. Everything is screaming for attention. What do you want people to see first, the logo, or motocross of nations? Keep that in mind when you come up with another design.

Comment

Yeah a bit harsh, and not necessarily constructive as I read the guidelines for this forum. So the second reply is a lot better, thanks.

As for the wheel ... if you'd noticed in the initial post, the wheel isn't random--it's a permanent part of our logo. It's part of our branding so it's on everything. It predates my arrival at the company and is not subject to change.

Our logo (the wheel & the Sun text together) is dominant. We're a big local supporter of the event.

Comment

Can you do the yellow parts in black? You'd have to change the blue to white as in #1.
                      The yellow screams too much and is kind of a wussy color. Look at them guys, they're yellow.

Comment

Tofudge, in the future more of #9, less of #8 would be a good thing. Thanks.
                        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

??

Comment

Try something to get the S of Sun off the red. And the sign guy in me hates those skinny black borders on your wheel. Other than that, me likey.

Comment

Originally posted by FirecrackerKTM View Post
                              On the pinwheel? I looked at it that way, but you really lose the white part of the flag behind it.
                              On the whole thing. The thin stroke just makes it look flat and cheesy. Don't worry about separating the white of the flag from the white background. Using negative space as part of a design can really enhance it.
                              "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
                              -Steve Jobs

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X