X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo made for class assignment

This is a logo I made for my Graphic Design class I took when I was a junior in high school; I'm a senior now. I just wanted to see what you guys think of it.

The project was to use out initals to create a mock business, and create a logo for it. My initals are SR, and I created a mock hotel called "Swan Resorts"

The logo is supposed to be a swan, with the 'S' being the chest, neck, and head of it. The 'R' is the wing which is extended, and also follows down for the leg. It is supposed to be landing in water from flight.

It's definitely an interesting mark. I also saw the swan influence as well. The only problem for me is that it reads RS rather than SR.

Comment

I agree with @Shawj, and it is definitely an interesting piece for a logo. I agree that yeah, if the S & R read SR instead or RS, it could be much more interesting, but that's not to say that what you've done is bad. Another possible (take what I have to say with a pinch of salt) improvement could be removing the bold black colour to a mid-grey tone, if you find that the black could be a bit strong.
      Awesome stuff, and good luck!
      Joe
      Last edited by Gungurru; 02-17-2010, 03:24 AM. Reason: I had a special moment, and questioned whether the logo was about swans, or the hotel... But that was a special moment...
      We Just Love Design

Comment

needs a lot of cleaning up, and should be done as a vector.

other than that its quite nice.

Comment

If your initials are SR then the logo reads RS, and the idea of Swan Resort, it still reads as RS, not SR.

Sorry, but I don't think having the initials reversed work. I first looked at the logo, and determined it read RS, then I read your description.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

I think it's a good concept, but if you could move the R to the other side of the S or incorporate the two lines into one, you would have a winner!

Comment

I like what you are on to.
              Maybe you could somehow work the R to be the body?
              Attached Files
              match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

oh thats cool. It looks a bit feminine, probably the strokes. But once you vector it, your set.

Comment

I see side boob.

Comment

Originally posted by Eraser Nubbin View Post
                    I like what you are on to.
                    Maybe you could somehow work the R to be the body?
                    I find that really hard to look at for some reason.
                    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!

I can see how it reads RS instead of the intended SR, but since it was a mock business, I guess the name could have been anything really. "Radiant Swan" could make the RS work, sounds like a shampoo, lol.

I might do some technical work on it now since that was all the way last year. Won't hurt.

=D

Comment

Well ... changing the name might make the logo work for this exercise, but in real life it doesn't work that way (well not often at least), so the better exercise might be to make your logo work for Swan Resorts.

Comment

It definitely needs to be cleaned up in a vector format but all around i think it is decent.

And I may be crazy (I have been accused) but I did read it as S R...

*EDIT
                          It may have been because the 'S' was the first thing I saw before scrolling...
                          Last edited by BryanWinds; 02-20-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X