music logo Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module

Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

• Dani Lima
    outline to stroke - illustrator
    Dani Lima
    I'm working with many icons on illustrator and they are made in different ways. How can I transform all of them into a stroke/ line icon? I've been searching in many forums, but I can't find a way to...
    Today, 03:40 AM
  • B
    Reply to Portfolio Critique
    It's artsy, made-up school work that's largely divorced from professional graphic design. This might have worked in a fine arts-oriented academic program, but in a job interview, it will mostly serve...
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Job offer but production based
    Before you take on a job with "more pay but no benefits" you might want to check up on the costs of those benefits. As a contractor, you are in business for yourself and fall under all of the...
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Just started doing graphic design
    Hi Teryut56e and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Yesterday, 11:38 PM
  • Teryut56e
    Reply to Just started doing graphic design
    were do you work
    Yesterday, 11:10 PM

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music logo

Im creating a logo wordmark for a singer/musician named Jonny Dark.

here is an image of his old logo compared with my first idea.

all crits welcomed
    Attached Files
    Please visit my portfolio at

Big improvement, but IMHO the two N's running together makes them hard to read. I think the moon should be a little bit thinner.

Great work!

The 2nd one definitely

Separate the N's or something - or to go tackier add lightning bolts to the diagonal parts of the N.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
        The 2nd one definitely

or to go tackier add lightning bolts to the diagonal parts of the N.
        Color it teal. Then dress it in jean shorts and a silk shirt. Add a trucker hat to finish it off.

I do really like the 2nd one though. Just not the way the N's are connected.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

I think there's too much going on. I see 4. I think the moon affect, and the heavy DARK is enough to work on. Forget the pointy top A and pointy N's, and the joining N's.
            When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

I'm with Heartburn. I really don't like the pointed "A". But I'm not disturbed by the joining "N"s. In fact I didn't notice on first glance...
              It's cool - what kind of music does he perform?

The second logo is an improvement, probably because of the execution, but still needs improvement. The moon thing isn't working too well, it makes the whole logo unbalanced. It could be because it's drastically changing from an extremely thin stroke to a large dark circle. Might want to fix the kerning as well.

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.