Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks, much appreciated encouragement there.

‹Somebody else just told me the same thing about the 'e'. Maybe I should try and make this more obvious. It might be the case that the speech...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    seamas: I appreciate the suggestions on where to look for more influence. A challenge I keep running into is finding a typeface that is professional and clear for a logo, but still has a steampunk look....
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    CataclysmX
    I really like this new concept, it definitely speaks "messenger" to me. At first I didn't know how to feel about the backwards e but realized it looks good because it's like they are facing...
    Today, 04:16 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    CataclysmX
    I would say J2 is working the best so far, I like that logo. I would just try and find a matching typeface that goes with it, or maybe even the same font, for using on the name below the emblem/pictoral...
    Today, 04:09 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Freelance Opportunities as a stu
    Buda
    I would tread carefully.

No one here is going to be actively encouraging a student to freelance. It's usually education first, internship, a few years of full time design work before freelancing....
    Today, 04:04 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback highly appreciated on this work in progress logo

I'm presenting here only the type from the logo for a company that provides services of medical education for nurses in Romania. The "med" ending of the word "studimed" it's going to be a common part of other brands supposed to be part of the same family.

The logo is currently in B/W because i don't want to go further with colors until the logo feels OK in this form. I'm eagerly waiting for your feedback.

It reads as studimeat to me.

Comment

^ I saw the same thing.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

^^^^Also

You already have "t" in the word.

What's the purpose of overlapping the letters?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

You guys are right with "meat". Anyway, almost no Romanian speaking person would read it like this.

eugenetyson, I'm trying to differentiate the "med" ending especially because it will be a common part of other logos too. There is no T letter at the end, it's only a cross that I tried to make it symmetrically but the D started to look more like an A.

Comment

mmmm meat.
            Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

the overlapping characters are cumbersome, and it can read as meat, but there are a couple other ways to solve this. Using 2 colors you can get the med to read differently, and allow that to be the similar element between different logos. simply ignore the two color version when it needs to be applied in 1 color. another idea is to place the + in a different manner, perhaps dotting the "d" much like the dot that floats over an "i"

play with it a little more, good on you for doing 1 color first, just need to see a couple more options
              Tapp-d
              "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Thanks Drorain. I'll consider your suggestions and come back with updates.

Comment

I don't think it works. It looks like you started drawing the word and then realised you were at the edge of the paper and had to squeeze the last few letters in.

At small sizes, it's going to be pretty hard to read.

Comment

OK, I've got two more now: one still with overlapping letters and the other without. Both have modified ascenders so the cross doesn't look like a T anymore.

What do you think now? I'm also thinking now about doing the "med" bolder then the rest.

Comment

I am reading this as "studimea" now. It's hard to tell that the final letter is supposed to be a "d" without the rest of the ascender.

What if you leave a break (like you have on the other sides of the "+") above the "+" and finish off the ascender?
                      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

hmm why not try to make the "t" into the plus symbol. just an idea, I duno if it'll work since it's not part of the word med.

I like the name studimed.. the font you used is nice too. I think the overlapping and the cut's your adding is complicating the message. maybe try an icon outside of the whole word. again just a thought.

Comment

Or perhaps use the negative space in the bowl of the d and form it as a cross?

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

I've tried that morea, but it doesn't look nice.

Thanks lowfatgraphics, I'm glad you like the font. About using the "t" for the plus it wouldn't be a solution since I need the plus for other logos and the common part is "med". There will be a separate mark outside, but will symbolize education—Studimed plays in the medical education field.

Craig B, I digg your ideea and I'll give it a try.

Comment

And the latest revision bringing a new approach for the "med" segment:

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X