Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Roth
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    Roth
    This is inferior to the original in every way. PD made some very good points already to do with hierarchy, and energy. There are basically three elements, the figure, the name, and the background, so...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Roth
    This is a bit of a stretch. It's like you saw the H in the weights, ran with it, hit a creative wall and tried really hard to make the rest fit. The logo and name are out of proportion to one another...
    Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • extraordenary
    extraordenary
    Professional designers either create the images themselves, or get it from someone else with respects to the copyrights. Designers often make sure that the image they have is royalty-free so they don't...
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  • graphic91
    graphic91
    Umm...really? I know about the design rules, but where to look first? There's not that much information or "look-at-mes" on it and it's just the cover of a video game. Most people who want to...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    Lucifer
    I like it. I like the way you've done the spacing.
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal wine labels

I've finished the labels for my winery so I've started to create my personal labels (for gifts and wine competitions). They will be printed digitally on matte self adhesive paper. I wanted my labels to have some "personal" touch so I've decided to add some of my favourite photos on them. There are also label designs that are more classic and without photos. Contemporary and minimalism is what I like. I would really appreciate your opinion. Thanx

Hmm..would be more interesting if you did something special with the seal/neck of the bottle.

Comment

That's to expensive as I only have some 100 bottles of wine, and minimal amount of custom built seals is 3000.

Comment

you took those photos?

which HK is your logo the one on the top few bottles or the bottom few bottles? i like the last label the best out of the bunch. i would try to make the tan border the same size all the way around and make the gap between the top black box the same width as the border. sorry if that doesn't make sense its still kinda early

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I hear you! The logo. Well it's being created at the moment. I stil haven't decided which one will I use. Yes, the photos are mine.

Comment

as a big wine drinker. Not that fact increases the value of my opinion. I really like the 3rd label. The drops of water and the logo are interesting and give a sense of popping open a bottle on a rainy day, it's a very relaxing feeling.

Last one is 2nd choice, which is a totally different direction.

good to see you experiment with different concepts and not variations.

Comment

I like the last one and the first one...the idea of the black and white photo is what i like about the first one. Though the image used is wrong...unless you are growing grapes on an old farm in Upstate NY in the winter. But I like the simplicity of the B&W with the gold logo but the image is cut a bit too short ...hmmm, or maybe it's the vignette that doesn't thrill me. Either way, nice refreshing examples !
              sigpickeep it simple or simply keep it

Comment

there is another thread here that has TONS of wine labels. different style than yours but they are very nicely done. LINK

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I do like the water drops one, the colors are great together with your HK logo. I don't see much to improve on either, simple like you said. Which one was your favorite?
                  portfolio: coroflot.com/joshtruong

Comment

I love #3 and #4. I work on redesigning signage for fairly large wine depts for my company and these would stand out on the shelf in my opinion.

I think #2 is pretty eye-catching as well, but I don't like where the "horizon" is placed (between photo and black label area).

Hope this was helpful!

Comment

Thank you guys for the input. My favs are 3, 4 and 6.

Comment

I've played in Photoshop a bit.

Comment

seems religious for some reason...maybe the light of god shining from the heavens

Comment

I think the photos labels are more about packaging on the bottle than about the content in the bottle. They detract from the wine's personality.

And speaking of personality, the other ones seem plain, boring, and uninspiring.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                            Working...
                            X