Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• edz
    Reply to Hello all!
    edz
    Ahhh.... I was wondering why my replies weren't appearing... I replied twice on my thread lol - oops.... off to read the rules
    Today, 08:44 PM
  • edz
    Reply to Flyer looking for improvements
    edz
    Firsly, thanks taking the time to look at my post, let alone the constructive critique

In reply to your points:
    1) These are actually 3 different brides... maybe I...
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • LGWV
    New to the graphic design scene
    LGWV
    Hey all, i'm a high school student hoping to get involved with graphic design so i started researching it and felt overwhelmed. Is there a general place i should start? and is there any advice you guys...
    Today, 08:11 PM
  • magdi_alafifi
    What are the best international graphic design scholarships to pursue right now?
    magdi_alafifi
    So I just finished High school and I'm looking for an international scholarship (the US would be my ideal choice). My GPA is pretty good. I don't have a collected portfolio website but I've done a lot...
    Today, 05:59 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    seamas
    Pretty awful imho.

Outlined font--minor sin

Quasi rainbow gradient --minor to moderate sin the further you move from a children's publication.

Cursive in all-caps--major...
    Today, 04:11 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, let me have it....what do you think of this logo!

This logo is for the Alaska Canada Energy Coalition. They are developing an electrical inter-tie to the North American Power Grid from the Tyee Lake Hydroelectric Plant.(in my area)....blah blah blah! So it's Hydro-green power....unlimited power and a joining of resources between Canada and the US. Initially the color scheme was softer but they pushed for the bright colors, not to sure I dig it this way.

I have not included the dad blasted 4 flags (Canada, US, Alaskan & British Columbian) they wanted me to include on their business cards.......way to seriously clutter up a clean design.

Don't rough me up to much.........

http://www.alaskanartistnicoletaylor.com/logopreview

I think there's far too much happening. I think the wire turning into something organic might be good to concentrate on on its own.
    When men will beg God to kill them and they wont be able to die

Comment

The type feels disjointed from the overly done web 2.0-ish graphic.
      Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Wouldn't the lying eight, symbol of infinity, be enough? If you added one or two arrowheads? Similar to the recycling logo?

In developing a logo I like to start with a very simple black and white design. The idea is: When a copy of any piece of the ci is faxed, then scanned and printed out, is it still recognizable somehow?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X