No announcement yet.

Ok, let me have it....what do you think of this logo!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, let me have it....what do you think of this logo!

This logo is for the Alaska Canada Energy Coalition. They are developing an electrical inter-tie to the North American Power Grid from the Tyee Lake Hydroelectric Plant.(in my area)....blah blah blah! So it's Hydro-green power....unlimited power and a joining of resources between Canada and the US. Initially the color scheme was softer but they pushed for the bright colors, not to sure I dig it this way.

I have not included the dad blasted 4 flags (Canada, US, Alaskan & British Columbian) they wanted me to include on their business cards.......way to seriously clutter up a clean design.

Don't rough me up to much.........

I think there's far too much happening. I think the wire turning into something organic might be good to concentrate on on its own.
    When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

The type feels disjointed from the overly done web 2.0-ish graphic.
      Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Wouldn't the lying eight, symbol of infinity, be enough? If you added one or two arrowheads? Similar to the recycling logo?

In developing a logo I like to start with a very simple black and white design. The idea is: When a copy of any piece of the ci is faxed, then scanned and printed out, is it still recognizable somehow?

Latest Topics

• BlueCrab
          Reply to Looking for mentor
          I've seen that a lot of the professionals on this forum put a heavy emphasis on schooling (rightfully so). However outside a handful of very good schools I think some would be surprised at how the majority...
          Today, 12:58 PM
        • B
          Reply to How can I create this text effect?
          Just a slightly off-topic observation, but the artwork in question is a great example of how complicated, hard-to-produce effects don't necessarily add up to good design.
          Today, 10:48 AM
        • Craig B
          Reply to Looking for an Online Graphic Design Tool with Specific Features
          Craig B
          I've seen some people put together some pretty decent graphs/charts, etc. through Power BI ... maybe, MAYBE, that would work.
          Today, 09:16 AM
        • calebninja
          Reply to Looking for mentor
          Blogs and YouTube tutorials can only get you so far. Most of them just teach you how to make one really specific design.

I agree with PD that these tutorials can result in bad habits like...
          Today, 07:48 AM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to How to land your first internship?
          Hi Aquaknight and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Today, 07:30 AM

Incredible Stock
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings