Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    Buda
    Surely this must be purposefully fugly to prove a point? I think it's a comment on Apple's branding.
    Today, 04:45 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello all!
    Buda
    My advice on designing a flyer:
    • Don't pack too much content into the design – 1 or 2 photos is enough, don't write a novel
    • Make your contact details and purpose of the flyer clear
    • Work at the
    Today, 04:40 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to how to prepare a portfoilio?????
    Buda
    How many design pieces do you actually have? Do you have enough good stuff to put together a portfolio and what do you need a portfolio for? Is it for applying for jobs? For applying to a design course?...
    Today, 04:37 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on Graphic Design Virgin Needs Help: Rough Ideas for Videography/Illustration Business
    Buda
    People who commission illustrators want to see you are experienced at what you do. Magazine covers for example is very niche. You probably not going to get the phone calls you are expecting unless you...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • <b>
    Comment on My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    <b>
    Nope, I'd never heard of the guy until now. Apparently, he's gone missing. I can't say that I'm all that impressed by most of his fonts, but there are a few interesting ones. Maybe I ought to download...
    Today, 03:41 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business card logo

Hi everyone, this is my first crit.

as you can see below Innate means something your born with in my case being creative this is what i have been working on after about 14 pages of pencil scribbles trying to come up with a name then putting it all together. dont worry about the word creative in the logo its more the inn8 if it is readable and if you get it.

would love some feed back, good or bad,

Thank you very much in advance guys

Rob (arty1)

in·nate   [ih-neyt, in-eyt] Show IPA
    –adjective
    1. existing in one from birth; inborn; native: innate musical talent.
    2. inherent in the essential character of something: an innate defect in the hypothesis.
    3. originating in or arising from the intellect or the constitution of the mind, rather than learned through experience: an innate knowledge of good and evil.
    Attached Files

Innate? Where? I read ING with some effort.
    Last edited by lucdesaulniers; 02-24-2010, 11:11 PM. Reason: Oh, now I get it , the 8...

Comment

Originally posted by lucdesaulniers View Post
      Innate? Where? I read ING with some effort.
      I think he/she is trying to use the 8 for the a-t-e part. Inneight for Innate.

Comment

I read this as "ing" at first glance, too. I don't think I would have seen "Innate" unless you had spelled it out in your post.

Who is your target market? Would you say that you are seeking conservative, traditional businesses as clients or a younger leet-speaking crowd (perhaps bands needing cd covers and whatnot)?

Your logo should appeal to your target audience.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I think you need a bit more of your self-heralded creativity. Although it would make a great snorkling logo.

Comment

Using numbers as part of words has been done to death.

Comment

If I hadn't read the word 'innate' in your post I would not have known that's what your card was supposed to say. I saw 'inoo' before I saw the 'ing' that everyone else seems to be seeing.

blog/portfolio

Comment

thank you

ok thank you for the crit guys, back to the drawing board.

Comment

I thought you were trying to write innovate. I think losing one N and placing IN better would make this an interesting logo.

Comment

I also saw ING at first, but it unfortunately also reminds me of the "OGC" logo tragedy from a couple years ago. Below, left as it appears on letterhead; right, as it appears when you tilt your head to the left.

This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X