X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique please...

I have come up with these two designs so far. It is a custom home builder company and they wanted the island they live on in the logo. Please let me know what you think....should the island be there?

This logo does not work on so many levels.

It looks like a 5 min job in photoshop. First, lose the 3d on the type. second, the black writing over the black out line makes it very hard to read.

Now, make the logo the size of a stamp and you will see a world of problems.

Comment

I have to agree with Oldat. You'll never be able to to embroider that logo on company polo shirts and jackets, and decals for their hard hats, stencils for their tool boxes, etc.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I agree, completely.
        Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Ok, I will try that.

Do you think the island should stay or not?

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Make sure you're doing it in Illustrator.
            "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
            -Steve Jobs

Comment

Get rid of the island I would say. But once you do that, and lose the 3D, there's nothing left really. Ah well, at least you will be half way to completion if you start again.
              When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

For the island to work it needs to be more impressionistic, with the type placed somewhere around it. That would solve the legibility problem.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I think I am going to pass on this. I do appreciate all your help but I don't think I am ready to do a logo.

Thanks again...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsHoneyBunny View Post
                    Thank you all for your replies. I think I am going to pass on this. I do appreciate all your help but I don't think I am ready to do a logo.

Thanks again...
                    Just before you jump ship, take a look at this,

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009...e-logo-design/

I think personally this is one of the best bits of advice I got on here, from the Roth Man Royale.
                    When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X