Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    PrintDriver
    The Dadaist approach would go one step further. Maybe tearing them up or putting an 'accidental' coffee stain on them.
    Today, 10:08 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    PrintDriver
    Do rabbits cough up hairballs? If not, they definitely can replace cats. Easily.
    Today, 10:06 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    PrintDriver
    You can have the best logo in the world, but if your product is garbage, that will be far more impressionable than any logo. Does anyone remember what the Ronco logo looks like? No? Bet you remember that...
    Today, 10:04 AM
  • snehal_Joshi
    Comment on Business Logo Design
    snehal_Joshi
    A logo is the first impression for any brand, as per my view only logo can create your first corporate brand image.
    Today, 06:31 AM
  • approveme
    Reply to Which of HTML and XHTML works best for most browsers?
    approveme
    What Is XHTML?

XHTML stands for EXtensible HyperText Markup Language
    XHTML is almost identical to HTML
    XHTML is stricter than HTML
    XHTML is HTML defined as an XML application...
    Today, 05:46 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are formal and we mean business, comments appreciated

Hi, I (Feijoo) am starting a brand design agency with my partner (Vergara), our target are big companys within our city and we want to position ourself first since nobody has this kind of service in our city. The words under "Vergara/Feijoo" means "Brand design"

We want to convey security, trust, organization, profesionalism, elite and luxury. A lot of other designers offer all kinds of graphic design, have colorfull logos and try to much to present themself as "creative" so we are trying to go in a different direction and we only do brand design with a marketing direction, we are formal and we mean business. We use Garamond and myriad for the fonts and contrast of shapes to form our initials.

This is still in the black and white stage, we really appreciate your comments and constructive feedback please be kind on us guys and sorry for my english, thanks.

Image won't show

I'm new and I dont know what happen but my image won't show and I can't edit my post for some reason.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi rafux, welcome to GDF.

Please have a look at the forum rules. We operate a bit differently from most other forums.

• Your first few posts are moderated. I'll be deleting your dupe post in a moment.

• You can only edit your posts for a few minutes after you first post.

• If your original image is in CMYK it won't show in most browsers.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I just tried to track your link and Flickr says the image was deleted.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

When you reduce this any smaller (think business cards) you will not be able to read the copy shown.
          Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Welcome. I like how you have really thought about the placement of your business in the industry.

The crest/monogram is a tried and true format for logos. Not one that designers usually use, but one that your potential clients might like.

I like how you have used black/white combo only. Are you going to keep with this throughout your branding? Or do you think you will explore other colours?

I don't like the use of Myriad. Your clients probably won't mind, but to me, Myriad is an Adobe default font so I usually avoid it. When I see it used I think that someone has been too lazy to choose a different font.

The crest fonts - what have you used? Have you tried Garamond? I don't like how the smaller horizontal bar in the F looks too low. The initials are too big for the crest. The crest either needs to be wider or the initials need to be smaller.

Have you experimented with other crest shapes? Maybe even incorporating the letters to create a crest rather than having a crest and putting the letters into it.

It's a good start, but this can definitely be pushed further.
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Thanks CkretAjint and Budafist for your comments, the black and white is because I haven't finish the logo yet and I usually leave the color for last, I'm gonna try with other crest shapes and fonts, I will post the changes here, thanks!

Comment

Your logo looks very formal and classy, a nice clean design. I do like the V and the split color. I agree with Buda using Myriad, however, not a spoiler in this design.
                WYSIWYG

Comment

Just had another look - have you considered Vergara and Feijoo instead of using the backslash? It would be more traditional and what more of your clients would use. Backslash isn't common in a company name.
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
                    Just had another look - have you considered Vergara and Feijoo instead of using the backslash? It would be more traditional and what more of your clients would use. Backslash isn't common in a company name.
                    Or a nice juicy ampersand!

Comment

Thanks guys, we actually are going to try with both space and ampersand

Comment

Well a sexy ampersand is always an option. But it might outshine your names.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X