Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    <b>
    It took me a few seconds of looking before I saw the SB in the logo. Instead, I focused right in on the white shape, which, to me, looks sort of like the ghost of Mickey Mouse or, maybe, the torso of...
    Today, 08:50 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Paper Bags
    kemingMatters
    Location can make a huge difference, where are you located?

Are you okay with off-shoring?

Was it Macy's that had some note crazy about the horrible working conditions tucked...
    Today, 08:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Tablet+phone combo
    kemingMatters
    A friend of mine swears by HTC, they were still more expensive than google's (LG's) Nexus5 which has similar specs. If you go the nexus route I suggest that you buy directly from the googe, in Canada...
    Today, 08:09 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Learning Illustrator when you are already familiar with Photoshop and Indesign
    <b>
    ​

I don't know what you mean by "vice," but yes, Illustrator creates vector graphics.

Everyone learns differently, but for me the best, fastest,...
    Today, 07:56 PM
  • kodisir
    Paper Bags
    kodisir
    Hello everyone!

I'm new here so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm looking to see if anyone has good leads on vendors for printing custom shopping bags. Working on a project...
    Today, 07:46 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crit for Work In Progress

Hey so this a work in progress, its for a made up bottled water company called Holy Mountain Water. I'm trying to get the Holy right but can't seem to, the water is supposed to be ripples in the water. I'm just sorta stuck in a rut, it just looks so flat/amateurish and am trying to push it to a nicer appearance but am not sure how. Anyhow thoughts/suggestions would be very helpful, thanks.

-Sam

I keep trying to make your word "water" read as a relfection of "holy," which is because of the reflection of the cross.

This being homework of some sort, you can get away with the Holy Water reference. I seriously doubt it would fly on the common market. If the name is Holy Mountain, you need to put the words "Holy Mountain" in there, not assume an intuitive leap on the consumers' part.

Back to the image though... Try not to use your words as the shapes you are trying to accomplish. That is making them more than illegible. Start with the shapes and try putting in the words. Sounds the same but isn't. Do up some sketches (either comp or by hand, I don't want to start that argument ). You are stuck in a concept and need to get out. Look at some photos of Alaskan mountains rising over lakes. That might get you some ideas.

Comment

It's not meant to be a logo, isn't it?
      It's just an artwork, maybe a poster, am I right?

Comment

Yeah, "holy water" is not the same as "Holy Mountain Water." One is used in religious ceremonies and the other is a drink.

I see what you're trying to do, but I'm only seeing the H and O and reading "HOPE," not HOLY in your mountain.

Comment

I'm not sure you want to spell water with an upside down cross.

Comment

If this is a logo you shouldn't be working in color yet. It needs to work in just black and white first.

When it's time to start thinking about colors, ask yourself this question. "What colors do I associate with nice, clean, refreshing drinking water?" I tend not to think of yellow and brown, especially yellow and brown used together. I find it decidedly unrefreshing.

Comment

I read that as:

HOE
              WEAR

...and thought you spelt wear wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by drawingguy View Post
                Ya, that might not go so well. But i like how u made the "water" text feel ripply. And "Holy" is kinda trippy lol

Comment

Originally posted by drawingguy View Post
                  Not I would want to drink it!

Comment

i thought its for a church activity or charity program.. not for manufacturing bottled water
                    harvesting great graphics in New Harvest Design

sigpic

Comment

Comment

I saw
                        HOE
                        WEER

Is it a logo or a poster/advert? Two different things to design. Which one are your going to do?

Holy Mountain might want to branch out into juice. . . .

Comment

I think you need to seriously clarify what you are trying to get across and work out several sketches.

Are you trying to be funny?

Bottled water that is implied to be "holy water" has "FAIL" written all over it.

Not sure what other denominations make use of Holy Water, but I would venture a guess that the idea of commercially available drinking water marketed as "holy water" would be offensive as hell to many Catholics. Hell, I haven't been a Catholic in decades and the idea still revolts me.
                          Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X