Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique Please....

I made this in response to a posting on designcrowd.com

They wanted it to reflect their original logo on this site: http://www.ibsco.com/

and they wanted it updated for their aerospace division.

What do you think? All critiques welcome!!!!

I think they are a successful business who could afford to hire a designer to do this, not crowdsource it.

You have several things on there that make a sign guy/screen printer cringe. But then so does their original logo on that site you posted... When making a logo, all repro methods should be taken into consideration, or several different versions of the same logo should be created to take those other repro methods into account. But they aren't awarding prize money for that are they?

Comment

In short... the logo is no good. From bad fonts to bad layout and design.
      www.cibgraphics.com

Comment

The fonts you have used do not compliment each other well. Any logo designer should know how to kern too.

What is the idea behind this logo? I don't see ballbearing or aerospace here.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by cibgraphics View Post
          In short... the logo is no good. From bad fonts to bad layout and design.

perhaps you could expand upon this, and tell me why it is so bad?

Comment

The text is not set well, the circle is the only thing that alludes to the old logo - but doesn't do so in a meaningful way. Too many gradients for a logo. There doesn't seem to be any concept or thought behind this. Just a circle and 2 poorly matched typefaces.

Can you tell us why you designed this and what part of the logo works?
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

No one around here likes designcrowd too much. We try to earn a living with design, so we need to charge our customers real money. Life is not like a box of chocolates.

I think it's not a good idea to combine a modern sans-serif with an antiqua like Trajan (Is it Trajan?) in that case and I see no need to do so.

The gradients is the "Aerospace" make it extremely hard to read. If the logo ist photocopied or faxed it will render itself completely unreadible. This effect gives me the feeling: "There is no place for the letters here."

The letters are placed somewhere in the logo. It gives the eye no structure for orientation. Is it rectangular, is it oval. It's just plain unbalanced.

The old logo is no masterpiece, but at least it is balanced. And it has balls... ;-)

If I were you, I'd start with a black and white scribble.
              No, if I were you I wouldn't spend my time with designcrowd.com.

BTW: Welcome to the GDF! And I mean it!

Comment

As had been said above, if this logo was faxed or photocopied, all of the lighter elements, especially thegrey lines, would be totally lost. The name would look like "IBSCO A O A."

It doesn't say "ball bearings" or "aerospace" to me either.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X