Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Need help with Logo for Business
    <b>
    Jgraeff, we don't allow solicitations for free work here. Graphic design is a profession from which many people, like me, make our livings. Like other professionals, we require payment for services rendered....
    Today, 09:57 PM
  • jgraeff
    Need help with Logo for Business
    jgraeff
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for someone to volunteer to help with logo design. I have tried to make stuff myself but really looks awful. I can offer some gifts to the person who makes this for...
    Today, 09:39 PM
  • Craig B
    Reply to Illustrator Gradient Issue Help
    Craig B
    I think Buda is on to something. Are the colors different color modes or color types. That makes gradients go all sorts of wonky.
    Today, 09:22 PM
  • Craig B
    Reply to Let me reintroduce myself
    Craig B
    I'd say welcome back, but I too have barely been on GDF. So, I'm not sure if I can welcome you when I can barely find my way around here any more. Hey, who got rid of the nacho cheese slushy machine?...
    Today, 09:21 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Who Owns the Copyright?
    Buda
    If only humans can own copyright, does that mean that copyright cannot be inherited by or bequested to animals?
    Today, 09:06 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal logo (work in progress)

It's a work in progress for sure... This is going to be used as a personal logo for myself as sort of a Jiu-Jitsu consultant.

Just wanted to really see how many ideas about it were basically just fundamentally wrong. I liked the contrast of the segmented text but I just don't know how well that will go over.

Also I'm looking to see if people can tell what the crest is in the middle... if it is going to be way to hard to distinguish Ill have to switch it out with something else similar or stylize it more.

Thanks for the help in advance guys and gals
    Attached Files

How will this work in strict black and white? (No gray, no gradients.)

The thingy in the middle... Waves crashing in from both sides? A sort of nod to the parting of the Red Sea?

blog/portfolio

Comment

Text that is white is lost on the inside. Perhaps add a very thin red stroke there.

But nice logo, but how would this transfer to embroidery, to letterhead, to screenprinted etc. Will it be legible at smaller sizes, can it be printed to textile.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
        How will this work in strict black and white? (No gray, no gradients.)

The thingy in the middle... Waves crashing in from both sides? A sort of nod to the parting of the Red Sea?
        I was also thinking about the black and white and I need to do one of those up as well. I truthfully didn't want to do a gradient in there but I did it and thought it looked really nice (was actually the only compliment my wife gave me on it heh)

The crest in the middle is a Japanese family/Samurai crest representing waves and the tactics of the Samurai. I thought the parallel between that idea and Jiu-Jitsu was strikingly similar.

Text that is white is lost on the inside. Perhaps add a very thin red stroke there.

But nice logo, but how would this transfer to embroidery, to letterhead, to screenprinted etc. Will it be legible at smaller sizes, can it be printed to textile.
        Yeah I need to bring that out more, I wasn't sure how the segmenting was going to go over so I didn't sure it up as much as I was planning on.

I have taken it pretty small and it has worked, I might need to adjust the size of "Jiu-Jitsu" slightly though. I was also thinking of simplifying it a little more for most things and just use the crest with Nomad or just the N even.

Really appreciate the input though

Comment

I think the the... rays(?) around the symbol interfere with the text. Maybe you could only do them around the top half?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by mervman View Post
            I think the the... rays(?) around the symbol interfere with the text. Maybe you could only do them around the top half?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.
            I totally agree with you, I have worked in a stroke around the text to make it stick out more and I am working on some more radical ideas too that ill be able to post tomorrow.

Comment

This would make a great poster or flyer. But it's too much for a logo.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
                This would make a great poster or flyer. But it's too much for a logo.
                Also totally agree lol, I have been working to cut it down but I am probably going to have the above image on the front of my business cards

Comment

Originally posted by chia View Post
                  Also totally agree lol, I have been working to cut it down but I am probably going to have the above image on the front of my business cards
                  Have you shunk this? I wouldn't put this on a business card. It's much too busy for that. You will be losing a lot of detail. I fear it will become nothing but a blob.
                  "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Originally posted by darkwolf29a View Post
                    Have you shunk this? I wouldn't put this on a business card. It's much too busy for that. You will be losing a lot of detail. I fear it will become nothing but a blob.
                    I have shrunk it down to what would be business card size and I only seem to lose some of the gradient. I have done some other business cards with similar busy setups and they came out ok. Worst case scenario is throwing away a box of cards, of course I'm trying to avoid that though hehe

Comment

I think you should remove the gradient.

Then just a thin stroke on the white letters so you can read them.

Not bad for a business card, logo on front - details on the reverse.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Trying out two more, one with the stroke and one without the segmented text and a little depth to it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I believe I have finished on my cards and plan to send them off in the next day or so. I changed up the Nomad part of the logo a little bit and I think I found a decent medium to what I was looking to do before. I am pretty happy with the back of the card but probably not 100% happy so it might change slightly before I send it off. I thought about omitting the information in the middle but I believe I'll keep it on there afterall... Also don't prank call me ;P

Last edited by chia; 03-11-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I know it may screw up the text layout, but I suggest taking out "just" in the "It's only just a hobby..." The "just" seems repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Totem-Media View Post
                              I know it may screw up the text layout, but I suggest taking out "just" in the "It's only just a hobby..." The "just" seems repetitive.
                              I don't see it repeating anywhere...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X