Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• alexthefourth
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    alexthefourth
    what would you suggest to make it easier to read?
    Today, 10:33 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    salsa
    While I CAN read it, it's not the easiest thing to read. I'm young-ish and have 20/20 vision with my contacts. A lot of people with less than perfect vision are going to struggle with this.
    Today, 10:06 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    <b>
    It took me a few seconds of looking before I saw the SB in the logo. Instead, I focused right in on the white shape, which, to me, looks sort of like the ghost of Mickey Mouse or, maybe, the torso of...
    Today, 08:50 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Paper Bags
    kemingMatters
    Location can make a huge difference, where are you located?

Are you okay with off-shoring?

Was it Macy's that had some note crazy about the horrible working conditions tucked...
    Today, 08:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Tablet+phone combo
    kemingMatters
    A friend of mine swears by HTC, they were still more expensive than google's (LG's) Nexus5 which has similar specs. If you go the nexus route I suggest that you buy directly from the googe, in Canada...
    Today, 08:09 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which design do you prefer?

I'm redesigning my portfolio. I am a student so don't have too much high expectations of me (that's code for be nice!).

Anyway here is my original portfolio and here is an image of my redesigned design.html page below.

Which do you like best? I like the new one. But I'm not sure of the font of Nicola Elvin matches the style of the page. What do you think? Or any other general thoughts.

Thanks!

My portfolio.

i like the new colors and layout better. the name doesn't look bad but i read the headers before the logo on top because they are bolder. maybe something heavier for the logo or lighten up the headers.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Clean. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
        i like the new colors and layout better. the name doesn't look bad but i read the headers before the logo on top because they are bolder. maybe something heavier for the logo or lighten up the headers.
        I agree, my eyes went straight to the headers.

Overall, I think it's an excellent, clean and simple design.

Comment

Brilliant feedback thank you. I was literally holding my breath ready to "not take all the criticism personally"!!

I'll work on the headers, thank you
          My portfolio.

Comment

Finished it and uploaded it. Just have to tweak some of the images to look better and add interactivity to some flash stuff.

It's here if you want to give me any feedback. I'm still struggling with getting that contrast right between the H1 image and my h2s.
            My portfolio.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I am looking at the graphics design page. You might want to check that. The descriptions for the images do not match up, i.e. the stamp description is sitting next to the self-portrait in type(Which is a tree, btw.

I would say that you might want to check each page, and be sure that does not happen elsewhere as well.

Great site though, I like where you are going with this.
                "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Originally posted by darkwolf29a View Post
                  I am looking at the graphics design page. You might want to check that. The descriptions for the images do not match up, i.e. the stamp description is sitting next to the self-portrait in type(Which is a tree, btw.

I would say that you might want to check each page, and be sure that does not happen elsewhere as well.

Great site though, I like where you are going with this.
                  Thanks. I'm a bit worried that its works fine in mac browsers but not in windows. I just got a screenshot from someone viewing it in windows firefox and all the floats seem to have collapsed. The images are meant to be to the right of the text.
                  My portfolio.

Comment

Ok, I think I have fixed it for windows browser (apart from IE7 - I don't know how to make it look right in that browser )

Could a windows user check please that it looks ok? I used adobe browserlab which is pretty cool, showed me it in different browsers.
                    My portfolio.

Comment

Works fine for me on IE7
                      When men will beg God to kill them and they won’t be able to die

Comment

Originally posted by Heartburn_02 View Post
                        Works fine for me on IE7
                        Thanks. I just used that adobe browsers and created a separate stylesheet for IE.

All done now, thanks!
                        My portfolio.

Comment

very neat portfolio.
                          harvesting great graphics in New Harvest Design

sigpic

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X