Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Comment on Graphic Design tutorials
    B
    It's sort of the Dadaist approach to design, I guess.
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • B
    Reply to General Branding (Re-branding)
    B
    You're engaging in linear thinking and being too literal about it. If you've settled on working with the idea of "pride," keep in mind that it's an emotional state and not a physical thing....
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    Buda
    The style reminds of cut and paste punk posters of the 1970s. I think the thing about those posters is they were kind of anti-design.
    Yesterday, 11:31 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    Buda
    I think rabbits are going to be the next cats. You should do a series of videos about rabbits that are freelance graphic designers and the business issues they face.
    Yesterday, 11:29 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    Buda
    I had that happen to me once in my life. I wasn't even dreaming. I couldn't replicate the situation again though. Maybe it was my unicorn.
    Yesterday, 11:28 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 3 Ladies and Gentleman

So since I work 24/7 I have alot of things going on at the same time and I choose what I share with you folks but these were some mock ups I did today for Kia (obviously). They tell me where they want a sign and well I make it happen.

The one is very self explainitory and the second well its kind of a work in progress trying to scope out a sales event idea.

It would be nice if we knew what they are suppose to be. Looks like internet banners I'm guessing?

Comment

Originally posted by Tofudge View Post
      It would be nice if we knew what they are suppose to be. Looks like internet banners I'm guessing?

The first one is a banner for the outside of the building 3 x 20 facing a main highway. The second is 2 x 8 flag banner which will be going on the light posts in the dealership parking lot.

Comment

Bit bigger please.

Comment

Originally posted by Roth View Post
          Bit bigger please.

what do you ant bigger?, click on the thumbnails

Comment

Right you are, tiger.

You've gone a bit crackers in photoshop. With the medal one, lose the glow in the logo and wording. Lose the stroke and the kerning needs sorting. The type gets a bit close to the bottom. What is the medal reflecting onto, it's floating in mid-air?

The other one doesn't come up.

Comment

they look like pretty standard car adverts..which in my opinion are always too loud.

the horizontal banner: i'm getting distracted by the black/white tile. does this pattern have any significance to the dealership? otherwise, i am just reminded of my highschool cafeteria.

the vertical banner: by no means am i an authority on design, i'm very inexperienced. but, perhaps you might want to have a look at what the text looks like mirrored? for example, instead of "madness" being the first word at the top, maybe "gold". i could be wrong, and i have trouble with this sort of thing myself, but i can't help but believe that just like left-to-right here, people read downward.

this is nitpicky but the medal seems really wide. and the ribbon doesn't seem to connect. if you want, maybe try making up a clasp?

example - http://www.torresfoundation.org/tt/pics/GoldMedal.jpg

Comment

What's the text say under "the future is here"?
                You have that long to get your point across in a banner by the highway.

Despite my enthusiasm for your attempt at drumming up business for your vehicle vinyl, you really do need to get into some theory. I know. You are sooooo busy. But take a class, get a book, look online... Ramp it up a level or three.

Comment

There's a pretty bad layer mask on the car, not tight at all looks like you used a very soft brush and didn't get tight to the edges with a hard brush.

A clipping path would probably be quicker and easier to do on that.

The gold medal is fine, but it looks like a mistake because it's a Gold Medal and you have written Gold Metal, which could be confusing without dissecting the design the Medal and word Metal are too similar.

Perhaps some sort of Gold Trophy would be better.

But it's not bad.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Is the gold color in the text getting darker as it goes up the vertical banner? The word "Madness" is getting lost.

Comment

It's Kia Sonata. Not Sonota.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
                        There's a pretty bad layer mask on the car, not tight at all looks like you used a very soft brush and didn't get tight to the edges with a hard brush.
                        and if this is going to be 3x20 it's going to show even more noticeable at that size.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by rieann View Post
                          they look like pretty standard car adverts..which in my opinion are always too loud.

the horizontal banner: i'm getting distracted by the black/white tile. does this pattern have any significance to the dealership? otherwise, i am just reminded of my highschool cafeteria.

the vertical banner: by no means am i an authority on design, i'm very inexperienced. but, perhaps you might want to have a look at what the text looks like mirrored? for example, instead of "madness" being the first word at the top, maybe "gold". i could be wrong, and i have trouble with this sort of thing myself, but i can't help but believe that just like left-to-right here, people read downward.

this is nitpicky but the medal seems really wide. and the ribbon doesn't seem to connect. if you want, maybe try making up a clasp?

example - http://www.torresfoundation.org/tt/pics/GoldMedal.jpg

Remember everyone these are just the Ideas. The flags are going to be seen form the highway at 70 kph and people are not going to have time to check out backrounds. Also you must remember not everyone is a designer, a customer just wants it to look good and it has to hit the right target audience. the sign will be viewed from the left of the sign so if gold is at the top it will make harder to read while driving past.

A clipping path would probably be quicker and easier to do on that.

The gold medal is fine, but it looks like a mistake because it's a Gold Medal and you have written Gold Metal, which could be confusing without dissecting the design the Medal and word Metal are too similar.

Perhaps some sort of Gold Trophy would be better.

But it's not bad.
                          didn't learn masks until yesterday it was just how I took out the edges. And about the metal and medal I slapped myself (then him) already for not catching my designers grammer error.

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                          It's Kia Sonata. Not Sonota.
                          your totally right thats my mistake lol.

Originally posted by Typically View Post
                          and if this is going to be 3x20 it's going to show even more noticeable at that size.
                          remember this is just a mock, the designer will put the whole picture together properly I just have to come up with the idea and mock up

Comment

If you're just learning the layer mask that's fine. But just because it's a mock up doesn't mean you can cut corners (or in this case don't cut corners?)

Remember, you're going to have someone doing the same for you one day. Do you want them to do it right or do a half job and then you have to fix it?

Learn the layer mask and do it the right way, or else there's not really any point. You can just leave it with a background and leave a note telling them to clip the car themselves.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

If you're just learning the layer mask that's fine. But just because it's a mock up doesn't mean you can cut corners (or in this case don't cut corners?)

Remember, you're going to have someone doing the same for you one day. Do you want them to do it right or do a half job and then you have to fix it?

Learn the layer mask and do it the right way, or else there's not really any point. You can just leave it with a background and leave a note telling them to clip the car themselves.

you have no idea how happy I was to learn how to mask yesterday trust me lol

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X