Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    B
    I'm thinking that tagging a supplement product with the initials BS might not be the best marketing strategy.
    Today, 06:36 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    vaprarts
    I am somewhat in your target audience. I ride, i enjoy cafe racers, ive even heard of the company and been on their site once or twice. The thing about cafe racers are they believe "less is more"...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • hrs.lidra
    Reply to Can you comment and critique my portfolio
    hrs.lidra
    thanks for the suggestion momoshy, i do use black transparrent BG, so it should be readable, but i think im going to make it more visible. Are you a webdesigner either?...
    Today, 03:37 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    skribe
    Your welcome! What you are doing is one way I learned php. I wanted to be able to make Wordpress do more, so I started experimenting, and reading through the both the Wordpress functions reference, and...
    Today, 12:38 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxes of life --- Lottery

Hello everyone, stepping inside the new lunar year, wish all you guys good luck and all the best!

Well I still carry on with my "boxes of life", but different from before, this time I did the lining job after my sketch.

In the former "boxes of life" series, I colored directly on my pencil sketches. That gave me a certain rough but natural feeling, I don't know~ But if zoom in on certain spots, I would feel quite rough and not clean enough, as some pencil lines are quite thick and messy.

For "boxes of life --- Lottery", I gave it very clean outline through coreldraw. No messy pencil lines anymore, I found it a lot easier to color, and the whole drawing looks clean and more vivid.

I like both ways, but feelings are different. I just not that sure which way is better. So hope you guys give me some opinions and advices. Thanks a lot, cheers~

Boxes of life --- Lottery

Detail of "Boxes of life --- Lottery" with clean vector outline:

Compare with "Boxes of life --- Puppet" with pencil outline:

Well thanks for viewing, have a great day everyone

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=38007
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=34374
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=29950
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ght=boxes+life
    http://www.momomeng.com
    http://www.momo-workshop.com

Very very impressive.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

beautiful
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

*sniff*, just wonderful! ho lang ah!!!

Comment

wow... sooo impressive! love that style!!! you have inspired me!
          Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
          - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

I love it

Comment

Momo you never fail to take my breath away ... I just love it ... and with my affections for fairies this piece really spoke to me ... the colors are just brilliant too.

Well done my friend

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                Momo you never fail to take my breath away ... I just love it ... and with my affections for fairies this piece really spoke to me ... the colors are just brilliant too.

Well done my friend
                maybe thats why i loved it so much... i couldnt put my finger on it till now... i LOVE faries!!!
                Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Thanks everyone Great to see you guys like it, lots of encouragement!

Tofudge, you speak Cantonese?

Oh Amy~ Thank you Most of the former stories are realistic style, so this time I added in fairy elements to tell a cruel fact story. I'm so happy it really spoke to you

Ang Thanks a lot, seems faries could charm a lot more eyes~

Well thank you so much you guys, feel free to give some opinions on which one looks better for you, the vector clean outline or the pencil one?
                  http://www.momomeng.com
                  http://www.momo-workshop.com

Comment

Wow, I can never get enough of your stuff. I'm jealous of your talent hahaha. Absolutely fantastic, as usual.

I kind of prefer the look of the other ones, with the rough pencil lines. As nice and clean as this one is, I've got a certain affinity for things that have rough and dirty edges to them. but that's just personal preference for me. Even with the clean vector lines, this one is still just as stunning and powerful as the others. It really comes down to personal taste I think.
                    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

wow i really like both styles. like bladez, i have a like for the 'dirty' side of print/design. but i do love me a clean vector image too... reminds me of cartoons i guess... i love cartoons although i have seen some vector art that looks like its a photograph tho too...

the pencil one tho reminds me of a book that i got years ago about Lady Cottington it has a similar feel to that 'realistic' hand drawn diary. i have quite the collection of fairy stuff... someday ill draw my own i guess... amy brown's stuff is mostly my fav...

do you hand draw on paper and scan it in, or do you draw it with a tablet or something?
                      - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

So Ang....you like it dirty to eh?
                        Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                        | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                        | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

They're all lovely!

I do sort of prefer the vector version, but I agree with Bladez that it's a matter of taste. One way isn't necessarily better than the other. Have you played around with brushes and textures in Corel to get the best of both worlds?

Comment

I'm kind of split on it too. I like the personal, more one-of-a kind feel of the hand drawn pictures, but the clean, more vibrant look is nice too. The luxuriant growth of poppies is fantastic. So many nooks and crannies to explore and find all the details you've put in.

All your work that I've seen is quite wonderful.

One minor critique if I may. The blue winged fairy looks just a little bit flat compared to the rest of the composition, or like she's not at quite the right depth compared to the flower underneath her. Or maybe it's just made more obvious because she's the focal point and it feels like she needs more detail.

Comment

Yup, gno hi abc but gwoh gno d gwong dong wah mm chaw ga!

Anyways, I think both are great. The vector is more vibrant and crisp. The pencil is more soothing and calm. I wish you could enlarge the text for this one so I can read it too!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X